Dynadot

Godaddy falling valuations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Spamula

Impact
Godaddy appraisals are always up for discussion, but here are two new trends all my new Godaddy picks are coming in at less than $100, and .coms previously valued at over $1,200 are going down to $100 each, three a day have fallen, spoken to them and they say it's the AI, photo'd screen and you can see them falling next day by 95%, even super low appraisal apps have doubled some of these falling .coms to more than Godaddy. They have been stable for over 24 mths until now. It seems Godaddy is shifting everything to the get out bid of $100? Anybody else felt new trend or had this issue?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I feel that GODaddy Auctions is seeing unprecedented availability...

( this DESPITE the lower valuations ).

Cheers !

•••
Godaddy appraisals are always up for discussion, but here are two new trends all my new Godaddy picks are coming in at less than $100, and .coms previously valued at over $1,200 are going down to $100 each, three a day have fallen, spoken to them and they say it's the AI, photo'd screen and you can see them falling next day by 95%, even super low appraisal apps have doubled some of these falling .coms to more than Godaddy. They have been stable for over 24 mths until now. It seems Godaddy is shifting everything to the get out bid of $100? Anybody else felt new trend or had this issue?
GoDaddy added a ton of new data to GoValue last month, which will have influenced valuations across the board - that's the only change we made in terms of valuations... This was implemented at the beginning of April. Was this in line with when you experienced valuations dropping?

•••
Yep, there was such discussion before:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/go-daddy-appraisals-valuations.1300365/

p.s. as for me better next step in dev GoValue may be GoDaddy Bulk Appraisal for $

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy added a ton of new data to GoValue last month, which will have influenced valuations across the board - that's the only change we made in terms of valuations... This was implemented at the beginning of April. Was this in line with when you experienced valuations dropping?
Well that data isn't working through, as your valuations show a discrepancy of £1500! on two shots of your appraisals on the same domain name I own at actually the same time on the same day. Some of the most sober appraisal apps are double new Godaddy 'appraisals'. Domains that have gone down by 95% that have been stable for two years and often with no real difference to the name, example bitcoinreunite.com & bitcoinreunion.com - nothing in it - yet one has dropped 95%, can you argue that one is 95% better than the other when it is almost identical in structure and use? It is a question whether 'Godaddy' have compiled a method to well overvalue domains to push people into sales and purchase? Having already been told by your staff that the costly and quite useless 'protection costs' are 'worthless' as the data on ownership is already covered in law, that already owes me nearly two thousand dollars. Do you really expect that people will watch their portfolio drop every day as you put down good names as a result of your new data, and to that effect was your old data failures? Your staff don't care, and let's face it's like dealing with bored actors who want to be waiters.

Last edited:
•••
I have noticed some have gone way up and some have gone way down. This wasn’t a gentle change whatever they did.

With that being said, you shouldn’t rely on any valuator in making pricing decisions. They are all inaccurate.

•••
I realise that now and prior, but if you're selling on godaddy and it's killing your deal that does not help when someone looks it up on godaddy. It is a warning sign on over investment and stream lining domain renewal and to look at the true intrinsic value that a domain name has and not the varnish that godaddy puts on. I do think its general overvaluation is being curbed and no doubt we'll see a wall of reductions on unsold portfolio values, maybe cleaning up their act.

Last edited:
•••
That's an odd move by GD, they won't sell as many domains by telling the truth about their value. :unsure:

•••
Well that data isn't working through, as your valuations show a discrepancy of £1500! on two shots of your appraisals on the same domain name I own at actually the same time on the same day. Some of the most sober appraisal apps are double new Godaddy 'appraisals'. Domains that have gone down by 95% that have been stable for two years and often with no real difference to the name, example bitcoinreunite.com & bitcoinreunion.com - nothing in it - yet one has dropped 95%, can you argue that one is 95% better than the other when it is almost identical in structure and use? It is a question whether 'Godaddy' have compiled a method to well overvalue domains to push people into sales and purchase? Having already been told by your staff that the costly and quite useless 'protection costs' are 'worthless' as the data on ownership is already covered in law, that already owes me nearly two thousand dollars. Do you really expect that people will watch their portfolio drop every day as you put down good names as a result of your new data, and to that effect was your old data failures? Your staff don't care, and let's face it's like dealing with bored actors who want to be waiters.
I own hundreds of domains that GD has devalued 90% since I purchased them. Here are just a few examples of domains I purchased from them in the last 90 days showing the valuation when I purchased them and the valuation today;

CanDoWebsites.com - valuation when purchased >over $1,000 - valuation today < less than $100
CanDoBrands.com - valuation when purchased > over $1,000 - valuation today < less than $100
CanDoDomains.com - valuation when purchased >over $1,000 - valuation today <less than $100

to be fair i purchased other domains like CanDoDeals.com and CanDoGraphics.com that kept their valuations.

Personally I've had other instances where GD has jerked me around like when they sold me a domain Reservations.online for a promo price of $10, then upon realizing their mistake, they took it back from me and turned around and attempted to sell it to me for 500K.....yes, that's FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS:xf.eek:

I've now spoken to several lawyers about all this BS, and we're looking at some sort of Class Action lawsuit where I'd be happy to be the lead plaintiff. Anyone else care to be involved I'm very easy to find. Thanks

•••
i personally think Godaddy appraisal is the least reliable.

Last edited:
•••
I know you could have a two word 10 billion dollar Industry defining domain and GD will say it is $3100. A name that should be $20,000 but as long as GD doesnt know shit then neither will the end users.

One thing always to remember about domains you can take to the bank then your grave; If you have an exact wording for a complete Industry that is say 10 billion a year the domains value does not in ANY way reflect the Industry. They do not go hand and hand. PERIOD. Not a person in business thinks that way. The Industry size and amount of potential business plays no part in corporations making decisions toward domains. Been there done that so many times I no longer contact end losers. It's over their head and everyone that works there including their marketing gurus. It's so obvious it's like staring at the sun and saying I can't see a thing lol.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back