Dynadot

GoDaddy/Escrow.com - double commission, invoice problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BigTree

Established Member
Impact
I sold a domain on the GoDaddy auction and because the price was above 5K the transaction needed to go through Escrow.com
First what I noticed that commission was above 15% even though I used GD network.
I asked GoDaddy about it and got a reply that they don't know and recommended to ask Escrow.com
Escrow.com replied that is 15% GoDaddy plus Escrow.com comission. So it seems like that for the transactions above 5K sellers must pay GD's and Escrow.com comission.

Since the domain sold on GD I requested an invoice from GD.
Unfortunately, I am not getting any reply from GD even though I sent them many emails. I always get a confirmation that they received my email. The situation takes weeks and I urgently need to give an invoice to my accountant.

The invoice which I see at Escrow.com is only for the commission. There is another document Transaction Summary which states the sale price.
But under the buyer is just an email.
This is not good enough because in Europe the buyer location is very important as it determines if anyone pays VAT and if yes who.

Can anyone advise regarding the invoice in this situation?
I would really appreciate that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make sure you are contacting [email protected] and not general support. From my experience, you should not be subject to any Escrow fees from a "Transaction Assured" auction sale, unless for some reason "Concierge" service was requested -- but in this case would be unnecessary. The VAT of course is an entirely separate cost.

I'm unsure how your NS settings may have affected your commission fees, however. But that doesn't appear to be the issue here.

•••
I sold a domain on the GoDaddy auction and because the price was above 5K the transaction needed to go through Escrow.com
First what I noticed that commission was above 15% even though I used GD network.
I asked GoDaddy about it and got a reply that they don't know and recommended to ask Escrow.com
Escrow.com replied that is 15% GoDaddy plus Escrow.com comission. So it seems like that for the transactions above 5K sellers must pay GD's and Escrow.com comission.

Unfortunately, I am not getting any reply from GD even though I sent them many emails. I always get a confirmation that they received my email. The situation takes weeks and I urgently need to give an invoice to my accountant.

The invoice which I see at Escrow.com is only for the commission. There is another document Transaction Summary which states the sale price.
This is not good enough because in Europe the buyer location is very important as it determines if anyone pays VAT and if yes who.

Allow between 3 days to 5 days to hear back from godaddy. The team for listings can be really slow sometimes.

•••

That doesn't seem right.

A sale on GoDaddy auctions above $5K that went via Escrow.com has always included the escrow fee as part of the standard commission.

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks @James Iles

Last edited:
•••
Seems odd.
I would think a sale of $5,000 that goes through escrow.com would include the escrow fees as part of the commission.

•••
Since EU policies are obviously in play here, I'm done with this thread.

•••
That doesn't seem right.

A sale on GoDaddy auctions above $5K that went via Escrow.com has always included the escrow fee as part of the standard commission.

From an Escrow agent I got the following reply:

"As I can see on the transaction screen what you have been charged is the Godaddy Success Fee and the Escrow.com Fee.

You can check the Escrow.com fee using https://www.escrow.com/fee-calculator. "

Does anyone know if GoDaddy for GD/Escrow transactions provide an invoice or only Escrow's invoices are being offered to the sellers?

•••
From an Escrow agent I got the following reply:

"As I can see on the transaction screen what you have been charged is the Godaddy Success Fee and the Escrow.com Fee.

You can check the Escrow.com fee using https://www.escrow.com/fee-calculator. "

Does anyone know if GoDaddy for GD/Escrow transactions provide an invoice or only Escrow's invoices are being offered to the sellers?
I have not had a GoDaddy sale go via Escrow.com for quite some time, but I was never charged a GoDaddy fee + escrow fee.

I was just charged the standard commission. I assume GoDaddy has some agreement with Escrow.com.
Having to pay both the sales commission + escrow fee would be a bum deal.

Brad

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back