IT.COM

A Problem with GoDaddy Auctions and Escrow.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Anyone can tie up a domain through Godaddy market place by agreeing to buy a domain through escrow and Godaddy customer support is powerless to help you.

I'm not happy with providing a copy of my ID, Social Security Number, etc. in order to receive my payment. A tax-id and corporate bank account should suffice. I have a tax-id to avoid giving my SSI# to people in call centers.

I won't accept payment by escrow.com and want to opt-out of escrow.com service.

cc: @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not happy with providing a copy of my ID, Social Security Number, etc. in order to receive my payment
and so are the buyers (in order to just to pay for the domain name) :(

•••
It would be better to deal directly with the seller.

•••
Anyone can tie up a domain through Godaddy market place by agreeing to buy a domain through escrow and Godaddy customer support is powerless to help you.

I'm not happy with providing a copy of my ID, Social Security Number, etc. in order to receive my payment. A tax-id and corporate bank account should suffice. I have a tax-id to avoid giving my SSI# to people in call centers.

I won't accept payment by escrow.com and want to opt-out of escrow.com service.

cc: @Joe Styler
Don't list any domains over $5k on the auctions website and you wont have to work with escrow.com. You can list those on Afternic. We dont have a way to opt out currently.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back