IT.COM

GoDaddy DomainBuy Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In Godaddy's marketplace (DomainBuy) transactions, I am concerned that the company is so big, and different sections handle different parts of the sale, that sales can get lost; or at least, payouts to sellers do. Still waiting 14 days after I was told the payment was released, although I was told it would only be up to 3 business days because they were doing it manually.

It would help if transactions were more transparent, and someone would let you know just where in the transaction’s process you are presently. You don't know, unless you call Godaddy; and even then it's usually still unclear.

This is the 3rd time I’ve called about a transaction that is supposed to be finished, and the third time I’m told they have to “reach out to accounting” and they’d get back to me. They don’t know why the payment is held up. They have not heard from accounting, either, therefore no one emailed or called me back.

Every sale seems to be handled differently.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Time is really an issue there. Last sale there was handled by my account manager, and it went much more smoothly but still took forever. But at least he let me know the timing — and that sale did involve a transfer, not just a push like this one.

•••
I'm using other services like Epik. No BS and I get paid.

•••
I may check them out. Sedo used to seem slow to me before, but this with Godaddy is even worse.

•••
•••
After being advised to email auctions@godaddy for a time frame of being paid, I've gotten an automatic return reply that my email should be responded to in ... 3 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back