Dynadot

GoDaddy.com kills Simple Control Panel?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anyone know why GoDaddy.com killed the Simple Control Panel option on their dedicated hosting plans? I had a few dedicated servers running on SCP, only to find out that they no longer support it. I'm not sure if I should be nervous (it isn't stable or is easily hacked?) or just annoyed (they weren't making any money on it, but charge $39/month for cPanel). I don't use 1/50th of what cPanel offers (Not a hosting reseller so WHM is overkill), so miss the easy/free nature of SCP when I'm already blowing $400/month just in the boxes before paying extra for the software to run them...
Anyhow, just wondering if anyone "in the know" knew anything interesting.
:gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy's control panels were simple? :)

•••
GoDaddy's control panels were simple? :)

He he he .... I had to chuckle, a little, myself.

S l o o o o w d a d d y :tri:

•••
Well, kidding aside, but their SCP was pretty straightforward if all you needed was a dedicated box that you didn't have to worry about what others on the box were doing, and that, well, just "worked."
I know I am jinxing myself, but I have over 99.9% up-time (Yes, the stat is over-hyped and misunderstood) with them, and bandwidth speed (Which is the only part that could be "slowdaddy," since the box is what the box is ;) ) has been good.
Sorry to see it go... now looking at some other options instead of GoDaddy; I just can't stand WHM.
:gl:

•••
Try hostgator, they give cpanel on dedicated servers for free. No need to pay more per month.

•••
The greater part of the dedicated server providers offer control panels for free.

•••
•••
The greater part of the dedicated server providers offer control panels for free.

A control panel to stop/start/restart the control panel yet, not a control panel like plesk or cPanel.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back