Dynadot

GoDaddy Cash parking VS the rest

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have signed up for godaddy's cash parking program. I heard all the critics saying "how can they charge a signup fee? Why pay 25 bucks a month for 80% payout when I can go to namedrive or sedo or fabulous and earn 80% payout for free?"

Well, after researching the situation, I have come to conclusion that- perhaps godaddy has more advertisers that the other programs, or maybe I am wrong about that comment, but I do know that godaddy made a deal with google in offering this cash parking service, so perhaps there are more advertisers/generally higher paying clicks at godaddy than the rest?

I have several domains parked with godaddy, one domain of mine made 30 cents this month and had 8 clicks at 4 cents a month. Another domain of mine had 1 click at .35 cents for the click, another made 7.00 and had over 40 clicks, or so, averaging 15 cents a click.

I look forward to hearing an expert's response on this crucial cash parking debate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for that testimonial. Just an affirmation of how Badger has done an exc. job at 1plus.net :)

domainacrobat said:
You want to know the real reason Godaddy

charges... Ok here it goes.

I heard about buying domain based on a tip from an exgirlfriend, then I read the business 2.0 article (I subscribe lol). It talked about parking and the entire economic system revolving around it. So I started buying domains at godaddy, the most user friendly and professional looking registrar around. It stated "free parked page" , after I had bought about 50 names The first time I went to one of my domains I saw it was parked. I started thinking, hmmmm, where on the control panel can I access my earnings. Ummm nowhere. So I called customer support and asked "Where are my earnings from all of my pages parked at Godaddy? Do I get a percentage? Is there revenue taken in by these parked pages?" They proceded to explain that they keep all revenue generated. NICE. It is marketed as a free parked page at the expense of their customers. I ask this, How could Godaddy offer REAL FREE PARKING and still make millions of dollars due to inexperience of their customers. It would be strange to automatically steup a parked page for a domain registered through Godaddy, keep all of the revenue and then also offer REAL FREE PARKING without paying for it.

I am no expert, I only started last november. But reading this forum is very helpful. I think Godaddy parking is a sham. I park at a few different places so far. Sedo.com, and A1Plus.net

I keep names at sedo to make sales, and I park at 1plus.net to get traffic. Although since the Sedo upgrade, one domain I own went from making $2-3 monthly to $10. I make the same amount of money at 1plus.net w/adsense that I do at sedo, but I have about 80 domains domains at 1plus.net and a few hundred at sedo.
At 1plus.net you input your google adsense code and keep all the earnings, no paying or splitting payouts. One name I have parked there www.prizefighting.net even comes up high in google search results as soon as their bot got to it even with a fresh reg. If you google the term "prize Fighting" it comes up 17th out of 24,500,000. Already more than Godaddy ever did for me. But I still reg my names there LOL. Great service, they always refund me quickly if I have any problems.

•••
emega said:
I am making more than $3.99

However, I never tested out any of the other parking programs besides godaddy
how would you know godaddy is better if you never tried the other parking services then? heh

•••
so what do you think is the best cash parking service?

•••
emega said:

I find namedrive alright, although some days the average PPC can vary wildly, the payments are spot on timing and it is very easy to set up.

I am going to try badgers parking page soon when I get around to setting it up! :)

•••
ZuraX said:
Hey I was just looking at the reseller plans on GoDaddy. I thought they use to allow you to "park" the domains people buy through your reseller account and you earned money for any clicks... They do away with this?
I am a GD reseller since time, and when this feature appeared the resellers with lots of forgotten NS changes got a nice extra income on a shared basis with GD ;)

In my case this attends in some month aprox. 10% out of total revenue wich is impressive.. but really unstable.

Unfortunately I never ever thought for now putting my domains at my own reseller PPC program to give it a try.
I maybe reconcider this....

And ...
domainacrobat said:
I ask this, How could Godaddy offer REAL FREE PARKING and still make millions of dollars due to inexperience of their customers. It would be strange to automatically steup a parked page for a domain registered through Godaddy, keep all of the revenue and then also offer REAL FREE PARKING without paying for it.

They offer "REAL FREE PARKING", but they dont offer Free PPC.
Tricky, but... its all about money
GOTCHA ;)

Last edited:
•••
i use this simple rule of thumb - type in traffic or backlinks = PARK. No chance of typein then MINI SITE

Dealing direct with google (as a general rule of thumb, you will get approx 50c a click)

•••
The speculation point in this should be maybe:
Do GD & WWD get better/more advertizer inventory then the other common suspects (ND, Sedo, etc..) ?
And if yes, general or category speciffic ?

Or may be as mentioned, a innovative component that allows to pay some extra cents ?

•••
nRnF the reseller lists doesnt meantion the PPC part anymore. Do they still offer this to new accounts? I emailed them and never got a reply...

•••
ZuraX said:
nRnF the reseller lists doesnt meantion the PPC part anymore. Do they still offer this to new accounts? I emailed them and never got a reply...
I have it still in my monthly payments..... If it is still maintaind for new resellers I dont know (have to check).

•••
Wild West Domains does allow you to keep 80% of the revenue generated from domains parked at your shop, but the parking pages itself are not "designed" for cash parking. They are design for regular parking.

If you want to generate real money from your domains, I recommend you go with a "real" cash parking service.

•••
But the only one I know of that would work that way is DomainSponsor.com since they give you a redirect URL and dont require you to add each domain. But then you would need a way to make each new domain registered use the redirect url thing.

Though the last email from DomainSponsor said they were bringing in nameservers so the redirect/not adding each domain maybe changing. :(

•••
Badger said:
i use this simple rule of thumb - type in traffic or backlinks = PARK. No chance of typein then MINI SITE

Dealing direct with google (as a general rule of thumb, you will get approx 50c a click)

Badger, can you tell me how I can find out the type in traffic or backlinks for my domain? Newbie here.

•••
Can you get $1.99 domains if you enroll in Godaddy parking? Do any coupon codes work?

•••
emega said:

parked.com has proved to be the best for me

•••
mkellerman said:
Can you get $1.99 domains if you enroll in Godaddy parking? Do any coupon codes work?

Tried to do this but it seems the system wouldnt allow it...or is there another way perhaps?

•••
Best place to cash park and sell domains... ?

Hello all,

I read your posts and have been a great help. Sadly, have put up with Godaddy's flops both on TDNam and Cashparking for the last 3 mos, and no matter how much I "help" them refine things, they just seem to not be able to "fix" their programs.

A couple of you mention sedo, 1plus.net and Fabulous. Do any of them allow you to define what traffic comes to your domains ie. assign keywords to a domain, or do they do their own traffic generating and give no control to the domain owner? Also I saw the comment that these 3 payout 100%. But, 100% of what? Some of the key areas I'm tarketing have solid bid activity between $5 to $15/click. Do you know if these groups have their own sponsor link program, or are just partnering with Yahoo or Google's sponsor link programs, hence the parking co taking a hidden bite out of the true per click revenue leaving domain holder realizing only a fraction of what the advertiser is paying even though they say 100%? If they indeed give 100$, then how do they generate their revenue?

Also, I see that namepros.com has a format to sell domains. I see some comments that they use sedo to sell domains on. After 3 mo's where I had mine was a joke... Any honest feedback regarding the best place to realize exposure as well as highest return in selling domains would be appreciated.

Also, one of you mentioned your prizefighting.net ranking. Where I had mine claimed that their partner (google) said they do not parse keywords in a domain, yet, as you found out, ranks high. Do you think that prizefighting.net was ranked high because of quality relevant content that 1plus.net was putting on your link page, resulting in Google ranking your domain high? Just curious. This internet / ranking thing was easy 10 yrs ago, but has gotten to be quite a mind bender.

Any feedback on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Miffed

•••
You can't compare prices from one program to another because ppc may pay $5.00 for a click one day and $.02 another for the same keyword.

Google now allows you to choose different prices for adds shown on sites and adds shown on Google search. So high paying adds on Google search may only generate pennies on web sites showing Google adds.

Across the board ppc is way down.

Free parking on Godaddy is like free things all over the net, they are paid for most of the time by advertising. No difference. Although GD's charging for sharing revenue from Domain Names is different. One would have to know what the cut of the other Domain Name parkers are getting to know whats a better deal.

•••
Miffed said:
Also, I see that namepros.com has a format to sell domains. I see some comments that they use sedo to sell domains on. After 3 mo's where I had mine was a joke... Any honest feedback regarding the best place to realize exposure as well as highest return in selling domains would be appreciated.

This is quite common for free exposure to average domains on a domain selling site. The market consists of a lot more sellers than buyers. Why should you expect anything better? Do you have experience with a better selling marketplace?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back