Dynadot

GoDaddy Backorder service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone had any luck using GoDaddy's backorder service?

I bought the service a long time ago, but haven't been able to capture any dropped domains. Every time it fails to capture a domain, it reverts back to a domain backorder crdit for the next attempt. Missed out on another one today. At this rate, I'll never get rid of it.

Just wondering if there are any places or times their service works well enough to pick up a domain.

Incidentally, how does the backorder service work with their own domains when they put any domain worth anything in their auction?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't get my head around it either. I thought they went to auction but it's beyond me at this point LOL

Old rule was backorders were on a first come, first serve basis. Obviously GoDaddy realized that they would make more $$ doing backorder auctions.

It's happened to me more than once where I reuse the backorder, when a domain is in auction or after it exits closeout, and it still is not caught or someone else gets it. Do some people get special treatment?

GoDaddy's back order system is only good for domains that drop and are not picked up by anybody else. Heck they cannot even beat a GoDaddy hand-reg for the same domain. That's how Whack they are.

Yup! :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back