Dynadot

question GoDaddy automatic bid?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Afzal N

Established Member
Impact
In GoDaddy auction i place a bid for a domain.. but the last moment another bidder place a bid.. the bid comment shows automatic bid.. what is it?.. is it a real bidder or bot?..

Screenshot_2020-08-21-19-50-14-973_com.android.chrome.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i hate it too;

Feels like β€œhelp seller” it’s so ****** annoying

No matter how much bid; it outbids you.

Wont get reply if no; @Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

Last edited:
•••
In GoDaddy auction i place a bid for a domain.. but the last moment another bidder place a bid.. the bid comment shows automatic bid.. what is it?.. is it a real bidder or bot?..

Show attachment 164689

I am pretty sure "automatic bid" is referring to a proxy bid basically. Someone else has a higher max bid, you then bid, and their proxy bid places the automatic bid at a minimum increment above yours until it reaches their max bid.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 164689

gd-go-blue-16x20.png
PaulNicks
Employee
In response to truong_v_hung
β€Ž07-07-2017 01:50 PM

You put a higher bid in the same place that you put your initial bid. For your example, if you had placed a bid of $300 instead of the minimum $245 then the current price would still show $245 and "you are the high bidder" but the next time someone outbid you, then the system would place an auto-bid on your behalf up until we hit your max of $300.

ex: bidder 1 bids $235

you bid $300 - current price is $245 you are highest bidder

bidder 1 bids $255

you autobid $265 and are again the highest bidder <-- this is done without you being required to login and place the bid. We are submitting a proxy bid on your behalf because you entered $300 as your max.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

https://www.godaddy.com/Domain-Aftermarket/How-to-set-Automatic-Bid-in-auction/td-p/54014

•••
Bots can't pay so bid a figure that they might back peddle to. They will all revert to last real bid when finding a buyer.

•••
•••
Why does it take 7 hours for an "automatic bid" to be placed?

•••
I was just bidding one my first few auctions on GoDaddy and I understand the proxy bid kicking in automatically as soon as I enter the minimum additional $5 increment, but why does a 'proxy bid' take a few minutes sometimes after I put my bid in? Seems suspicious. Needless to say, I went from thinking I was going to get a bargain for $15 with just one other bidder when in reality, I had to keep bidding more until I got to $166 and called it quits.

Also, in relation to this, when a proxy bid keeps outbidding someone else, does the person who put in the proxy bid pay the amount they bid or do they pay the last bid before them, or some other price?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back