Dynadot

discuss GoDaddy Auto Renew

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Arrgghh ! Godaddy auto renew renewed a domain that I was planning to transfer to Epik and renew & charged me 3 X the renewal price of Epik ! My own fault for forgetting to disable auto renew in time. Already stopped using Godaddy to reg as they are so expensive, not to mention they charge more than double the commission of Epik for a sale & take forever to pay out. Looks like i'll transferring the few I have left at GD long before they are due to expire.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm.... you don't get the godaddy emails telling you the renewals are coming?

I have over 500 domains at godaddy and I keep all of them on auto renew just in case I get sick or something. I don't wont to risk losing a domain over a measly renewal charge.

Then when I start getting the renewal notices I go in and look at my stats, how many offers, how many visits etc and I disable the auto renew on the ones I don't want to renew. Then I renew all the domains for the month so I only have one invoice to track for tax purposes.

Domain Discount club keeps things fairly reasonable but I could move another 1000 domains into godaddy if they just made the wholesale price standard to domainers. Right now I have good deals elsewhere that beat godaddy even with discount club and that makes me think I may not be renewing, which unfortunately would mean me finding another home.

Discount club should be free for those with over 500 or 1000 domains. It's kind of a joke to have to buy that to just get remotely close to other companies pricing.

I have to say though.... the ease of auctions and the fact that anyone I do business with has a godaddy account does keep me with them for now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back