Dynadot

GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steve Andersen

Established Member
Impact
How legit are these? It seems like expired domains or those they have caught on the drop have tons of activity no matter how stupid the name.

But private listings seem to barely have any action on them. Why is this?

I have won several, but sometimes I wonder if I am bidding against a person or the house. In fact if something has a bid on it before 10 minutes of ending it will almost always get more bids.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's because they buried Public Auctions under the advanced search menu, on their own platform so that no one can find:

gdpublic.png

GDpublic3.png

After that your second best chance to find those public auctions is on expireddomains.net, where it is under the TDNAM button along with every other auctions ending in 60 days or less at GD.

I don't have statistics from expireddomains.net, but I would bet that the most popular button under the Marketplace Domains section is "GD Expired" not "GD TDNAM".

tdnam.png

But private listings seem to barely have any action on them. Why is this?

So probably that's why.
Unless of course you pay for a featured listing, then your name end up in the featured category. Which is only a slightly better place for your domain to be, but that still won't compete with GD Expired's extremely high exposure.

Last edited:
•••
I have won several, but sometimes I wonder if I am bidding against a person or the house.

I have tried godaddy auctions yesterday,
i have listed 3L .org for sale in 7 days auction.
i got my first bid after few hours only !
the weird thing is that i see a comment related to the first bid says "Comment: Proxy Bid" : )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back