IT.COM

new gtlds GoDaddy Auctions and Afternic allowing new GTLDs to be listed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Domain Academy - Senior Marketing Manager GoDaddyTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Wanted to announce that as of last night GoDaddy added the ability to list about 400 new tlds including almost all of the new gtlds currently in General Availability phase and many cctlds that were not able to be listed before. Afternic added close to 200 more tlds as they already had a larger selection of names you could sell.
There are some limitations we will be addressing in future releases such as the ability to resell gtlds with a premium renewal price (non standard base renewal costs).

This will get your names listed in the GoDaddy purchase path when customers search for the new tlds.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are some limitations we will be addressing in future releases such as the ability to resell gtlds with a premium renewal price (non standard base renewal costs).

Donuts have lots of "semi" premiums, can't I list them on Afternic yet so to speak?

•••
you can list them on Afternic but they wont show up on GoDaddy through Afternic's feed until we make some updates. We want to be able to show buyers what they will actually pay for a renewal cost on the domain when they buy it.

•••
Will .IN be included at GD auctions?

Last edited:
•••
That's awesome news! Just listed my .space domains.

•••
Unfortunately we are not able to sell .in domains in the Aftermarket. The .in registry does not allow for domains to be sold at a cost higher than reg fee on the secondary market. I know there are other venues that allow this and I am not sure how they can do so.

•••
I noticed that today. It's a nice change. But I would like to see group searches for 1)all old gTLD's excluding .com 2) all ccTLD's 3) all New gTLD's

•••
Better late than never ;) . Great to hear.

I noticed that today. It's a nice change. But I would like to see group searches for 1)all old gTLD's excluding .com 2) all ccTLD's 3) all New gTLD's

And I 2nd that. It'd make it a lot easier.

•••
Good move by GD and new gtlds getting steam now.

•••
Definitely well overdue. Been waiting to list some of my .space domains and others on there. Thanks for sharing!

•••
We'll definitely think about doing it that way. One of the challenges we had was showing hundreds of TLDs in a search bar in a way that is really user friendly and allows people to search for extensions they might not even know exist. What we decided on by using the "most popular" ones on the top of the search is to show what names people list and what names people sell most often by tld. But we would like to make an even better search and I will share this with the developers.

•••
@Joe Styler - I think my suggestion resolves a big problem for the end user. They can search an entire TLD (category) at once without having to click on each an every individual box. This would be particularly useful with the New gTLD's with so many overlapping domains, and might throw up some good results for the user, which they might not have thought of. The same applies to my other 2 suggestions, but with so many domains in the New gTLD's, it's almost an impossible task to click all those boxes. My suggestion would be to place these search on the first line of the boxes. I'm sure they would get a lot of use. It would certainly make my searching easier. But I wouldn't replace the individual boxes. Maybe clicking on my suggested boxes would just tick all the singular boxes.

Last edited:
•••
Its a good move of Godaddy.

•••
Now that GD is a public company it's all about increasing income and revenues

I'm so happy they got rid of that guy that ran GD for years

SO HAPPY

•••
•••
•••
No, because .in registry doesnt allow registrars(like Godaddy) run auctions on .in domains. simple as that.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back