Dynadot

news .COM Registrations Continue to Rise, Unphased by New gTLDs, ICANN Study Reveals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bram C.

AlmightyDomains.com + HeroForYou.comTop Member
Impact
A recent study commissioned by ICANN reveals despite introduction and growth of new gTLDs, .COM and other legacy TLDs have remained steady and rising. The report concludes: "we found no aggregate (worldwide) effect of new gTLD entry or registrations on legacy TLD registrations: registrations of legacy TLDs continued to follow the same pattern before and after the beginning of the New gTLD Program." This is consistent with new gTLDs generally not being treated as substitutes for legacy TLDs, it concludes.

10061.gif

Read more here:
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20161014_dot_com_registrations_continue_to_rise_unphased_by_new_gtlds/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
In my opinion, more the tlds, more will be purchases for .com.

Hypothetically, if I own "Loan.gtld", I would want to buy "LoanGtld.com" if it is available.

Verizon has reported that since the launch of .xyz, there have been thousands and thousands of .coms ending with "xyz".

I see so many people selling "Keyword+io.com" to the owners of Keyword.io.

So whether it's tld or gtld, ultimately it's going to increase sales for .coms

•••
Ever hear the saying.... "If it's not broken, don't fix it"

This is a prime example.

Kevin

•••
•••
Don't listen to the Spin Doctors who have an interest in the New Gtlds ....... .com = trust and stability

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back