IT.COM

advice GoDaddy auction or Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThexxShwa

Established Member
Impact
Is it better to use godaddy auction (which you can have a 7 day auctoin) or to use afternic to sell my domains? (which is 90 day auction I belive) im new to this and am trying to gain all of the knowledge needed to do the best I can.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In fact, when you're listing your domains on Afternic, they will automatically appear in Godaddy Auctions. Godaddy will set a minimum offer amount of 65% for these domains and there's also a "Buy Now" option with the BIN price you entered at Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
In fact, when you're listing your domains on Afternic, they will automatically appear in Godaddy Auctions. Godaddy will set a minimum offer amount of 65% for these domains and there's also a "Buy Now" option with the BIN price you entered at Afternic.

Right, but you cant do the 7 day auction from afternic. so if you want a 7 day, you have to do godaddy and not have it through afternic. I guess im trying to compare the two

•••
there are no bid auctions on afternic

like 7 day gd auctions.

as for better..well the auction activity is directly related to quality of yer name

u will get no bids on names which do not generate interest...resale potential...value...etc

gl

•••
7 day auction on gd auctions is cool. You can set your price at one level on afternic and then give a discount thru the auction only if they bid during that 7-day window. 99.9% of the names listed thru auction never get a bid unless they are set at the minimum price which is $28, and then Godaddy takes $15 out of this bc that's their minimum, so you end up making less than godaddy does for selling your own domain. but it is better advertising than not having it listed at all.

•••
Back