advice GoDaddy auction offer/counter question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
hope someone here has more experince than me with godaddy auction

I got an offer at godaddy for something... countered it 2 days ago

it says my counteroffer expires in about 3 days.

if in meantime I got someone else interested in domain, directly throuh email this time, is there something I can do to cancel that godad counter offer? or do I need to wait til it expires?

or alternatively, since my counter was not accepted, and from looks of it the buyer never will accept it.. can I just cancel the listing there altogether?

any help would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was your offer for $100?

•••
•••
Strange as normally they are between $100 - $500 if the domain was short or had distinct words in it. You can decline an offer and remove the listing at anytime.

•••
If you counteroffer an offer, you are on the hook until (1) your counteroffer expires or (2) the potential buyer counters your counteroffer with a lower offer.

If the buyer accepts your counteroffer, you will be expected to complete the sale.

•••
If you counteroffer an offer, you are on the hook until (1) your counteroffer expires or (2) the potential buyer counters your counteroffer with a lower offer.

If the buyer accepts your counteroffer, you will be expected to complete the sale.

thanks. thats what I thought. I guess its not ebay, where seller (or buyer) can retreact their counteroffer as they please.

I also read on google somehwere that it is possible (if no sale and counteroffer not yet accepted form either party) to just cancel the listing/auction. do you think that would work?

and lastly, I notice that my option to counteroffer AGAIN while the previous counteroffer is pending, is still there. does this mean a seller can change his mind about his previous counteroffer and and make a new one that is either higher or lower?

thank you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back