IT.COM

GoDaddy Auction issues/questions

NameSilo
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hello, sorry if this is not the right section, been off this forum a few years, feel free to move it to the proper place if needed.

Why does the godaddy appraisal estimates not show for a lot of user auctions when it shows in the main search section? I see that on some listings I just made.

Also, why do some of those user auctions whether they have a bid or not, when searched in the main godaddy search(not auction) you see the current bid or opening bid with a link to the auction, but mine don't.

Probably to do with me listing on afternic and then creating a separate 7 day auction in the auction section.

Also, after listing everything on afternic first, why do some of my domains in my godaddy account show the buy in now price I created in afternic, but some say list now with a link to update?

Thanks for any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The auction is running like a complete pos right now. Thanks for this great "upgrade".

•••
As far as the issues I mentioned earlier, it appears the estimate appearing is totally random, some have it and some don't even though they all have one in their system.

And I listed about a dozen on 7 day auction and only 1 has shown up in the main godaddy search as current bid price(my opening) with link to auction, and that is the only one that I bought on godaddy close out at some point, so that is all I can figure about that.

Does nobody have any insight about this?

•••
And I listed about a dozen on 7 day auction and only 1 has shown up in the main godaddy search as current bid price(my opening) with link to auction

This is par for the course with Godaddy auctions where expired auctions are given full priority whereas public listings are pushed aside, often to the point of invisibility if no active bids (self-fulfilling process).

Had your one name received a bid when it showed in the search? It's hard to find a reason without knowing your search parameters, etc.

In any case, the beta version of auctions and search is such a jumbled mess that I can no longer use it and won't be using it going forward. IMO, Godaddy has made a big step backwards.

Last edited:
•••
No bids on any of them, all opening bids well above min.

Not sure what you mean about search, It doesn't matter if I type in exact domain name or the key words it comes up in main search(not talking about auction search) and the issue I am talking about is what is shown is the old BIN price and not the opening bid/current bid price with a link to the auction to bid on it.

That happened on 1 out of 10 I listed today, and checked some other public auction listings and most all of them were showing the bid in main search. Weird.

And then of course that half of them don't have the estimated value showing up in the auction lobby is very weird also.

Bugs everywhere.

•••
the issue I am talking about is what is shown is the old BIN price and not the opening bid/current bid price with a link to the auction to bid on it.

Yuck. But there is definitely much disconnect between Godaddy and Afternic, it's so unnecessary and such a travesty, they are by now one and the same.

Last edited:
•••
I cannot renew my domains that you transferred from Uniregistry. I don't speak English. But I can write in English. Connect me with support who will correspond with me in English.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back