Dynadot

GoDaddy 7 Day Auctions Advice?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Seatory

Established Member
Impact
I am just about to list part of my portfolio on Godaddy auctions. Before I submit I wanted to know if anybody has any tips or advice?

Is there a certain time of day that is good to list? Or a certain day of the week?
I remember selling on ebay a few years ago and would usually get my auctions to end on Sunday evenings when they were most busy.

Any other advice you can offer would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your target is Chinese marketplace than you should adjust your time to their time zone. But, if your domains are good then yours auctions will get some traffic for sure don't matter which day or time it is :)

•••
•••
If your target is Chinese marketplace than you should adjust your time to their time zone. But, if your domains are good then yours auctions will get some traffic for sure don't matter which day or time it is :)

I agree based on domain name the outcome will be rather than time/day.

•••
set reserves unless you are willing to let names go for $20 each

•••
Somewhere I saw that auctions which end on wednesday get most bids.

•••

We can also use high starting price, like $100 so that the first bidder is forced to bid for $100 and even if no one else bid, we can earn $100.

•••
Thanks for all of your answers guys.

I would be thrilled with $20 each! I have some real mistakes I am trying to shift. But appreciated advice for future auctions. Thank you.

We can also use high starting price, like $100 so that the first bidder is forced to bid for $100 and even if no one else bid, we can earn $100.

Thanks, I do like this idea and would use this where appropriate. With OK names this could work, with poor ones I wouldn't get any bids! I feel if I was confident of having a good name then I would probably start low and set a reserve,to encourage bids.

•••
& Don't forget to share your Godaddy Listing links here at namepros external acutions section. It might attract some interest.

•••
Don't forget GoDaddy take 20% fees

•••
I'd like to know is the $19.99 featured listing worth it for the 7 day auction. ??

•••
I'd like to know is the $19.99 featured listing worth it for the 7 day auction. ??

What I have been advised about previous listings so far seems to suggest the answer for your question would be no. I would think the answer may only be yes if it was a premium name guaranteed to sell at a high price. Would be nice to hear some expert opinions on Featured Listings .

•••
What I have been advised about previous listings so far seems to suggest the answer for your question would be no. I would think the answer may only be yes if it was a premium name guaranteed to sell at a high price. Would be nice to hear some expert opinions on Featured Listings .

I've used their premium listing a couple of times but I was still new to domaining at the time and my names were not that good for me to make sales. However I did notice that I was getting maybe 10 times more views than with their regular listing. Also, I don't think they offer the $19.99 listing for auctions, at least I couldn't find that option. It's basically a 3 month, make an offer, offer/counter offer listing.
On a different note, I think it's a good idea to tweet about your auctions. I have around 2000 followers, a lot of whom are domainers and whenever I tweet about an auction, I usually get around 30 - 40 views almost instantly.
Anyways good luck with your auctions! :)

•••
From what I know, the minimum auction success fee is $15. So if you sell for $20, you will get $5.

•••
Has anyone tried to start a 7 day Auction starting with their bin price??

•••
Ouch! Have you sold in a 7-day auction?

From what I know, the minimum auction success fee is $15. So if you sell for $20, you will get $5.

•••
•••
Wow, guess I'll have to consider what domains I would put for sale on a GD 7 day auction.

Doubt starting at BIN would attract bidders Daniel.

Has anyone tried to start a 7 day Auction starting with their bin price??

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back