IT.COM

GoDaddy 6-digit code security !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovely4ever

Top Member
Impact
Since two days and everytime i login to my godaddy account i should use the 6 digit code that they send by email !!
I always login from the same devices and location ( laptop or mobile ) , so the same IP address and nothing channge !! why this extra security ??

Anybody start getting the same or only me ?? lol

1676723116279.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I am also getting the same 6 digit code. There are a few more Registrar started this, for example even NameBright is asking us to insert security code that they sent to our email.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe because of the current hackers attack !!?

1676724345639.png

•••
Since two days and everytime i login to my godaddy account i should use the 6 digit code that they send by email !!
I always login from the same devices and location ( laptop or mobile ) , so the same IP address and nothing channge !! why this extra security ??

Anybody start getting the same or only me ?? lol

You'd have to contact support to look at this if you have any concerns, but generally speaking, 2FA is beneficial to have on any registrar where you're holding domains. Authenticator apps like Authy are a popular way to help secure an account.

(Pasting this for reference to GoDaddy specifically: https://uk.godaddy.com/help/enable-2-step-verification-7502)

•••
Having to enter a code several times a day when you are on GoDaddy / GoDaddy Auctions for much of the day is a hassle. Gotta be a better way.

•••
It's a bug that randomly affects various users from time to time.

The FIRST code is a security feature that is designed to authorize you at that PC/IP/MAC but then the GD system doesn't recognize that authorization and you keep being forced to enter code after code after code until the end of time.

Either contact James IIes or call GoDaddy Support and use extreme methods of persuasion to convince them it's their problem and it needs fixing.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @DomainRecap - GoDaddy did fix a specific issue with this when we last chatted - but entering a security code several times a day seems like typical usage.

•••
Thanks @DomainRecap - GoDaddy did fix a specific issue with this when we last chatted - but entering a security code several times a day seems like typical usage.

Really? As a regular user (no 2FA enabled) this sounds strange as the GD message itself states that the code is to authorize this new location for use. SOP these days when you change systems or IP address.

But having to authorize the same location/IP/MAC multiple times each day is counterintuitive to the stated message.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
And it seems to be fixed, at least on my account.

But again, I sat on hold with GD tech support for an hour yesterday so that may have something to do with it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back