Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Go easy on me...

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ApeXX

VIP Member
Impact
101
Alright, well this is the first website I have officially built from scratch. For the record, I'm not an artist and I'm terrible at designing templates. However I spent a few hours putting this together and I actually like it.

The website: http://www.iSPONT.com

Let me know what you think, but go easy on me: I'm not a designer. ;)
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
In that case it's not too bad. I would suggest having a background that separates your content from the white space. :)
 
1
•••
I agree with GeneCosta. It is missing some kind of container to seperate the content from the white space.

I don't think it is too bad if this is your first from scratch. Nice job and keep up the hard work. You will get better with practice.
 
1
•••
Thanks for the feedback folks, rep left for you both. :tu:
 
0
•••
I think it looks great! Nice effort :tu:
 
1
•••
For a first attempt, this is turned out actually quite nicely.
I'd consider some sort of "frame" around your context, just to lift the text areas off the white backdrop or shade the backdrop do a slightly different color to take some off the cold white out.
Your site works as intended, i assume. I'd consider an embedded contact form and a FavIcon as the next 2 steps to be implemented.

:tu:

IB
 
0
•••
The site's back up now. :tu:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Ok! will review it then.
 
0
•••
I see a recurrent theme, which is that everyone thinks I need some sort of box or background to help differentiate the text area from the white background.

I think it's a great idea, the only problem is I don't know how to do it. ;)

Also, +rep for everyone that left feedback. :tu:

Here's my FavIcon: http://www.iSPONT.com/favicon.ico

Do I have to insert coding into every single page in order to display it, or is there an easier method?
 
0
•••
Most of the popular browser will use the favicon with-out any coding needed if you place the file in the root directory ( e.g www.site.com/favicon.ico) and that you name it favicon.ico
 
0
•••
I like it, mostly. There's a few minor things I would change, and one big thing I think you should definitely change.

Minor first:
1. It took me a second to find the navigation bar. It needs to stand out more.
1a. If you put a border around your content, connected to the nav bar, it might do this.
2. I would remove the adsense just below the navbar. Or change it to a horizontal link unit. The way it is now puts too much distance before your content. I could also consider putting a square ad unit

The big thing:

Your login / sign-up pages are completely different from the rest of your site. It feels like you've left iSPONT, and gone somewhere else. To me, this is not a good thing when it comes time to buy. It makes people who were just thinking about signing up think again. Once they've made up their mind to buy, it would be nice if they stopped thinking ;)
 
Last edited:
1
•••
Zurvan said:
I like it, mostly. There's a few minor things I would change, and one big thing I think you should definitely change.

Minor first:
1. It took me a second to find the navigation bar. It needs to stand out more.
1a. If you put a border around your content, connected to the nav bar, it might do this.
2. I would remove the adsense just below the navbar. Or change it to a horizontal link unit. The way it is now puts too much distance before your content. I could also consider putting a square ad unit

The big thing:

Your login / sign-up pages are completely different from the rest of your site. It feels like you've left iSPONT, and gone somewhere else. To me, this is not a good thing when it comes time to buy. It makes people who were just thinking about signing up think again. Once they've made up their mind to buy, it would be nice if they stopped thinking ;)

Excellent marketing feedback. Design and marketing go so hand in hand and this is an excellent example.
I agree with Zurvan. Nice job however on keeping things simple. That in and of itself can be a challenge for many people.

You may want to look at some stock photo sites as well. A professional (not cheesy) photo of a human tends to add a comfortability factor. Especially on minimalistic sites. Check out istockphoto.com or sxc.hu for inexpensive stock photos.

Keep up the good work. It gets easier as you go.
 
1
•••
A nice clean design, I like it mate.
 
1
•••
Thanks for the feedback everyone, +Rep has been left. I'll it all into consideration this weekend and try to make some changes to the site. :tu:
 
0
•••
You definitely need to go with a template and get rid of some of that white space. You can get free templates at http://www.oswd.org/ ... they're great for people who don't design themselves.

Also, you need to get some real content on that page. You've got a logo/header, adsense, a few links. This will get you nowhere in the search engines. Content is king. Give people a reason to read your site. Capture their interest. Make them stay.
 
0
•••
Thanks for the feedback, however I have no intention of using a template. I haven't given up on my design yet. ;)
 
0
•••
Here are my thoughts.

I would set the text off from the background to make it stand out.
I would dump the google ads. Successful hosting companies don't need google. Makes me wonder if your company is successful.
Make the "Sign Up" link stand out more. In fact the entire menu bar could be larger and more clear.
Make the sign-up page the same layout and look.
 
0
•••
mbuna said:
I would dump the google ads. Successful hosting companies don't need google. Makes me wonder if your company is successful.

Companies usually become successful when they make money. Obviously, since it is free web hosting, I make money via advertisements. ;)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Colors seem kinda drab aka dull. Did you save in srgb?
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back