IT.COM

GoDaddy unlimited websites - Are they add ons only ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I am looking at the option of taking my domains away from parking and setting them up with affiliated pages on my own host.

I have looked at Go Daddy and they are offering 'unlimited websites' as part of the hosting.

I already have a host which contains two seperate ftp accounts on the one account - seperate ip, user name and passwords etc and I am happy with the set up as it keeps the two domains seperate.

What I don't want is domains I am selling to appear as an extension of a main url, rather I want them have their own identity to viewers.

I contacted Go Daddy about this and they replied that so long as I set the domains up correctly then each would appear as an individual domain.

From this I am guess that they use the sub domain or addon domain features ?

I have no experience with this type of domain management and wonder if anyone can help clarify the Go Daddy hosting of unlimited websites on one account and if I am right about the addon use then is it a good idea for me to go down this route as opposed to dedicated seperate ftp accounts which are more expensive to run ?

Cheers

Mr Witherkay

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
by unlimited websites they mean unlimited add-on domains. under the hosting account itself it might be organized as newdomain.maindomain.com or root\newdomain.com, but it's nothing you need to really worrry about as the new domain can be accessed and shown as newdomain.com without any connection to any other domain.

•••
Ok comprendedende

Thanks for the reply, at least I know now.

And also thanks for recommending the hosting, will take a look at what they offer.

Cheers

•••
Glad to help. I have been with them for almost a year now, and the only thing better than the price and package is the service. I have not once waited more than 30min for a reply to any problem or query I have had. Top service

•••
•••
with GD hosting you have one root domain, all others are addons, but no-one would ever know.

i haven't checked, but i'd be very surprised if you couldn't setup seperate ftp accounts for each one. ( though the address for the ftp might be domain2.rootdomain.com )

i've also been with apthost for some time, and they've been good, though not as good as they used to be.

•••
I would recommend you takke that easy and do not go for the web hosting and domain names in the same place.

•••
Agreed

Thanks Serverpoint,

I am looking at hosting away from the registrar as I totally agree with you to keep the two seperate. Am looking at HostGator at the moment.

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back