Dynadot

showcase Gig Economy Domains Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
What is the "gig economy"? Basically, the days of workers putting in a lifetime commitment to a single company under a single position "banner" are trickling to history. Which kind of makes sense, the growing population of the world makes for intense competition in every field of work.The key components of a gig economy:
  • Fluid or flexible work on a temporary basis
  • Based on the needs of the hiring company for the type/duration of the job or task
Regardless, it is my belief that a long-term commitment still provides benefits that a short-term gig cannot. Mainly, stability and accountability. Putting that aside, have you invested into domain names that target the "gig economy"? I can see these domains as being pertinent to future work such as space trade/exploration, undersea maintenance, ground infrastructure repair, territorial contracting, or even basic necessity provisions such as deliveries, home upkeep or advisory positions.

What sort of gig economy domains have you invested in?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The entertainment field also a highly relevant position to the gig economy. Think the Oscars, and how crappy they are without an actual host. Sporting gigs like the Superbowl halftime events can also be seen as gig economy.

Kick it off, I've got

Gig • One

which is a bit of a darling for me. Though, personally I think having keyword "gig" won't be as powerful a seller as an exact match in whatever field the match pertains to.

•••
QualifiedPeeps.com.gif

Qualified%2BPeeps.gif

•••
•••
The gig economy is huge and growing very well. I've personally been a part of the gig economy and work on multiple freelancing sites, linkedin etc & run an online business accordingly.

But, the problem is that new companies can use any generic keyword if they want. For example - Experfy for data analytics, TapChief for Indian gig economy -- now how can you even predict these names etc?

Any suggestions on how to find the best names etc would be great.

•••
We have SideHustleTitan

in dot com...

•••
The gig economy will be a powerful force to dig us out of this hole soon. The whole idea of a gig economy helps businesses use resources with high efficiency. The gig economy is a great place to develop around...imo

•••
•••
But, the problem is that new companies can use any generic keyword if they want. For example - Experfy for data analytics, TapChief for Indian gig economy -- now how can you even predict these names etc?
I don't think it's possible to predict, especially if a name is one of the first decisions a newly forming company comes to. But your right the gig economy is massive, and can encompass a multitude of names. I guess some domains will draw more specific interest than others, depending on the nature of the search. Like the examples you provided, I can see Experfy having a broader buyer base than TapChief, which seems to be more targeted.

Experfy is more of a brandable than generic, some investors have their finger on the pulse when it comes to these. I am not one of those people. :)

Great point ID, re. being a powerful force in turbulent times especially. Contracting out work to get the job done. Awarding the gig to the best/most qualified in an exclusive field, or giving it to whomever takes it, in a competitive environment.

So far some really cool domains shown!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back