IT.COM

news GoDaddy is buying NamesCon Domain Conference

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The rumors are true–GoDaddy (NYSE:GDDY) is acquiring Host Europe Group.
The US $1.79 billion transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of next year, and will include top European brands such as 123Reg and DomainFactory. And NamesCon.
The deal won’t close before next month’s conference, and it’s unclear what impact the acquisition will have on the conference after that...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does this mean NamesCon 2017 will be the last year Uniregistry is able to sponsor the event?

Registrar Games: Modern Warfare.

•••
This purchaed is too much; $1.79 billion :xf.embarrassed:

•••
Not worth the investment at first glance if you ask me. But, maybe they're getting more out of the deal than what appears here.

•••
i think it makes sense for gd because already being the worlds biggest registrar? it will now have its own domain conference on an annual basis it has also bought wp curve a wordpress services startup which compliments the brand and go someway to getting more people owning their own website

It will be interesting to see what effect godaddy owning the namescpn conference has on the namescon auction

•••
i think it makes sense for gd because already being the worlds biggest registrar? it will now have its own domain conference on an annual basis it has also bought wp curve a wordpress services startup which compliments the brand and go someway to getting more people owning their own website

It will be interesting to see what effect godaddy owning the namescpn conference has on the namescon auction

Based on the fact that they spent millions on purchasing large .com portfolios, I think they will try to make a better return using NamesCon.

I hope they don't try to kick the promotion of nGTLDs in the nuts.

•••
i reckon gd could use its online gd auction as the namescon auction and just pick domains it owns to sell at namescon auction that way it selects from itself no vast amount of t's and c's to agree to

•••
123Reg looks more like a liability than an asset to me :|

•••
•••
•••
•••
As industry conferences, it will be smart for GoDaddy to take a background role in the conference to keep it independent and not lose the support of competitors.

It will be interesting next year to watch if GoDaddy heeds this advice, and/or if other major competitors change how they participate as a result.

d omainstate com/top-registrars.html
link wouldn't work as posted

SS-Top10-Registrars-12-07-2016.png

•••
the biggest impact gd could have in the domain name industry via namescon is sponsor admission fees and bring them way down to approx $30 a day entrance to namescon

•••
It's always bad when you have a monopoly and you're the big guy in town.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back