New-Hampshire.us
New-Jersey.us
New-Mexico.us
North-Dakota.us
South-Carolina.us
South-Dakota.us
West-Virginia.us

What do you think?

We generally don't like hyphen domains but considering the non hyphen versions are either worth $XX,XXX, owned by Neustar or both - these are the next best thing, especially for development / SEO.

So what would you do with them?

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t own that many domains in these formats so I haven’t done that much research in this area, but if you check the google keyword tool results for the top 10 or 20 cities in both formats it seems like they are equally popular.

•••
If .mobi has its own section (as it does) than .US should also have a dedicated place at NP.

Absolutely. Especially as this site (NamePros) is based in the US. They should put the section back for patriotic reasons if nothing else. Namepros has a top level .TV forum even though that's a ccTLD, so .US should get the same respect!

As for geos, I only buy City.us, not CityST.us or CityState.us.

•••
Just drop-catched "Sutherland.us"
Some cities/ town by the name "Sutherland" in US:

Sutherland, Nebraska
Sutherland, Iowa
Sutherland, Utah
Sutherland, Virginia
Sutherland Town (Palm Harbor, FL)

Apart from being a geo domain it is also a popular last name.

•••
Yeah, I think it is pretty ridiculous that .MOBI is worthy of its own section when .US is not. There is definitely much more interest in .US than .MOBI especially in recent months.

Brad

If .mobi has its own section (as it does) than .US should also have a dedicated place at NP.

•••
Yes,

lets get .us it's forum back,

our posts about this have been deleted i think ?

last couple days posts about this topic are gone,
Is the mod for the cctld trying to tell us something ?

Our opinion is not wanted ?

Or

Our opinion is not needed ?

or

the mod here doesn't really have an intrest in what .us (in general/ forum/topic/threads) does ?

•••
Yes,

lets get .us it's forum back,

our posts about this have been deleted i think ?

last couple days posts about this topic are gone,
Is the mod for the cctld trying to tell us something ?

Our opinion is not wanted ?

Or

Our opinion is not needed ?

or

the mod here doesn't really have an intrest in what .us (in general/ forum/topic/threads) does ?

Probably because it has nothing to do with GEO .us discussion? Maybe start a new thread (perhaps in NamePros Info & Suggestions?). And Yes I agree with all of you that .us should get its own section!

•••
My thread is now ruined and I find this to be a great injustice.

Actions like this promotes and encourages a cult like atmosphere and gives the green light to a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than to derail any thread that is not agreeable to their own agendas and interests.

-

•••
long live /dot-us/ :notme:

•••
Sorry oldtimer,

I'm sure this was in the general .us discussion thread when i posted those comments above, (must have been moved, then moved back)

and was continuing posting because of that.

which is why i did it.

•••
I’ll have an easier time forgiving everyone if the .US forum is brought back. :)

-

•••
I’ll have an easier time forgiving everyone if the .US forum is brought back. :)
-
Hear, hear.
BTW, since it is a country codeTLD, in some respects ALL .US names are at least a little bit "geo" ... okay that's a stretch ... just trying to bring this thread back around.

oldtimer said:
Which one of these is better to develop:
VisitHamptons.us or VisitTheHamptons.us
VisitSouthPadreIsland.us or VisitSouthPadre.us-
For development and clear advertising purposes, I'd say use the ones that roll off the tongue like in real everyday speech. The "radio test".
Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back