IT.COM

opinion GEO domains...worth it or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
I've got a few, none of which are great sized cities with the exception of a couple, and wondered what the feeling is about them now that the search engine we love, respect, etc. has changed some of the ways it gives results.

Any constructive input would be appreciated as some of these puppies are coming up for renewal and time to decide...keep or purge?!?!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
too troublesome and time consuming

I agree!!! Geo domains have been a 'hobby' of mine for a while...it is like collecting marbles (some out there may remember) as a kid. I've had a couple go in low xxxx's but most in mid to upper xxx's. The ones I consider to be good are based on other extensions being registered, amount of searches, etc. and are of larger cities so I keep them priced higher (of course I have some that weren't worth the reg fee and would be lucky to get xx).

To my mind, there are several segments of businesses that should/would use a geo or at least use the traffic to drive customers to another page...but then again, my mind is not what it used to be...or wants to be...or should have been...

Last edited:
•••
I agree!!! Geo domains have been a 'hobby' of mine for a while...it is like collecting marbles (some out there may remember) as a kid. I've had a couple go in low xxxx's but most in mid to upper xxx's. The ones I consider to be good are based on other extensions being registered, amount of searches, etc. and are of larger cities so I keep them priced higher.

To my mind, there are several segments of businesses that should/would use a geo or at least use the traffic to drive customers to another page...but then again, my mind is not what it used to be...or wants to be...or should have been...

Another interesting aspect of GEO domain names that I recently learnt from someone is that they could be developed for a particular region or city and we can sell advertising on the domain name to local businesses or lease out www.city+keyword.com/company+name to them for a fixed annual income. But for the last option you will have to have a domain name development team etc..

•••
Another interesting aspect of GEO domain names that I recently learnt from someone is that they could be developed for a particular region or city and we can sell advertising on the domain name to local businesses or lease out www.city+keyword.com/company+name to them for a fixed annual income. But for the last option you will have to have a domain name development team etc..

Leasing is a wonderful thing...tough to do unless you have a good name but it is an option more and more people are taking advantage of. It is an easy sell sometimes: "Yes, I know the price is high but the traffic is worth it and I have others that are interested...how about a lease at xx per month, you can cancel anytime after (initial term) and not have to come xxxx out of your operating capital to buy it".

•••
It is an easy sell sometimes: "Yes, I know the price is high but the traffic is worth it and I have others that are interested...how about a lease at xx per month, you can cancel anytime after (initial term) and not have to come xxxx out of your operating capital to buy it".

this is why small businesses, more like mom & pop businesses would love to try it out rather than buying you and hence you get to keep your asset as well :)

•••
•••
These type of domain are easier to rank in search engines for exact terms this will lead to improve your targeted visitor to the website also these type of domains are easy to remember result in significant increase direct navigation traffic.

Last edited:
•••
These type of domain are easier to rank in search engines for exact terms this will lead to improve your targeted visitor to the website also these type of domains are easy to remember result in significant increase direct navigation traffic.
We just need website owners/developers to realize that.

•••
It's always worth it. Geo domains are in demand and will always be imo.

•••
We just need website owners/developers to realize that.

Parking companies as well...I am at the point all my geos need to be developed...parking rev is at all time low.

It's always worth it. Geo domains are in demand and will always be imo.

It seems my inquiries are up a little but the offer price has been getting lower...maybe due to the new extensions taking investment money??

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back