IT.COM

Geo Domain with Lead Generation Website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SheikhOvais

Established Member
Impact
I am planning on developing three of my geo+service .com domains into a one-page lead generation website. The plan is to later pitch these lander sites to businesses (end users). I have couple of questions and would also like your thoughts and experiences about it.

My questions are: So if I am pitching a domain+landing page, would it be a better idea if I represent the domain like "Lead Generation Site for Sale" instead of pitching a "Domain For Sale"? Because technically it is a functional website and not a domain name only.

Secondly, I would also like to know if I should include in my initial email what the buyer would receive other than the domain+site, like, free hosting for one year, email addresses, and etc.?

Please guide.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Definitely, present it as a complete package. With emphasis on the quality of the domain and why it matters. I build FortMyersPlumber.com and haven't given it much attention after. I'm going to re-launch it and update you if it works well.

Do you already have domains ready to deploy? How do you expect to rank the sites in competitive markets with a single page site? I'm assuming you are going to pitch it as a PPC landing page if ranking isn't going to be a focus.

•••
Definitely, present it as a complete package. With emphasis on the quality of the domain and why it matters. I build FortMyersPlumber.com and haven't given it much attention after. I'm going to re-launch it and update you if it works well.

Do you already have domains ready to deploy? How do you expect to rank the sites in competitive markets with a single page site? I'm assuming you are going to pitch it as a PPC landing page if ranking isn't going to be a focus.

Thanks for your input mate. Appreciate it.

Agreed. My primary focus will be on the domain name explaining how it can benefit the business and how it can be used. The reason I ask this is because if I include all of the details in my initial email; even keeping things short, the email would end up with more than 200 words. Would that be O.K. and user-friendly as an unsolicited email? I have read on a number of threads here to keep things short in the first email.

I am not going to rank or do any SEO marketing for it. I am leaving these things for the new buyer. I just want to provide them a ready-to-go marketing (sales / lead gen) platform they could use for their promotional campaigns. Not to mention the generic geo domain name I have for them in the package, hehehe.

•••
Well you have to put yourself in their shoes, the site will look great I'm sure, but how will they drive traffic to it? That's my main objection for landing page sites. I've tried approaching them as "would you care to be the recipient of the leads from this site?" I find it works more often than simply trying to get a straight sale.

Agree about keeping it short, your pitch should include a solution to the problem you know they have. Who doesn't want more leads?

•••
Well you have to put yourself in their shoes, the site will look great I'm sure, but how will they drive traffic to it? That's my main objection for landing page sites. I've tried approaching them as "would you care to be the recipient of the leads from this site?" I find it works more often than simply trying to get a straight sale.

Agree about keeping it short, your pitch should include a solution to the problem you know they have. Who doesn't want more leads?

PPC campaigns, banner advertising, print media marketing are couple of ways I can think of that the buyer/business can use lander site for their marketing campaign.

If they don't like the lead gen site, they can still use the domain, as their blog, or a niche-specific site related to their business.

Like you said, the main focus is the domain name and how it can benefit their business. If they (end user) have ideas for using it, it's a win win for both.

•••
Come on NPers, you can do better than that. Help a fellow out here mates.

•••
if the domain is worth for endusers you should expect better ROI only selling the name doing some outreach.
IMO

•••
i have one Geo domain that i would to sell to someone interested in developing it into a Lead generation wesite for vacation rentals in that GEO zone (island in USA).
Anyone could help me to better understand where promote it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back