Dynadot

discuss General Trademark Question?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
While I've been a member of NP for over a year, it's been over a year since I posed a question or started a discussion thread about a legal issue. I've recently hand registered two domains that I believe can make great names for generic over-the-counter drugs. Both names have to do with allergies ("sneezing" in particular) and the other name has to do with "sinus" congestion. Now for my question, when I do a trademark search at USPTO there are no conflicts with either of the exact names I own, however some of the names trademarked/servicemarked have some similar characteristics. I'm aware that anyone can sue you at anytime for just about any reason, but if another name that has similar characteristics has absolutely nothing to do with the pharma or drug industry, would they have a leg to stand on?

I'll be in Vegas in January where I'll be able to ask the question of some industry attorneys I've gotten to know, but I thought I might pose this question to some of the NamePros members. Thanks, and Ho! Ho! Ho!

Bulloney aka ThatNameGuy™ (in the process of re-branding)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back