Domain Empire

General Tips

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Okay, I got 2 main sites running and want to know how to promote them more.

My one website is a forum based site (anythingtalk.com) and the other is a picture rating site (cuteorugly.com).

How would I go about promoting these sites WITHOUT using money? What types of websites could I contact to exchange links with? I know you guys will say like PR5 sites, but I'm talking about the types of sites, not the ranked site.

Know any websites that could promote your website with banner impressions possibly for free?

What are the best ways you guys promote you websites so they become big? That is what I'm looking to find out. My best source has been AIM Chat Rooms, lol. Help me please!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
link dumps are always good.. phrone showed me the site earlier when we decussed me building him an adult tgp site... here are a list of sites you can plug and get good traffic back...

http://shagnasty.ws - mine, i get around 3,000+ uniques a day
http://fu-ckingmotherfu-cker.com (take out the hyphens as filters block out the name - friends site, gets between 15,000 and 20,000+ uniques a day
http://www.linkdumps.com/?sID=26 - jakez.net owns this, and its got a list of alot of nice link dump sites that can get you good traffic.. i suggest going to those..

plus hard links are good, Search Engine Optimization is also a plus, as ive seen alot of sites get up to 50,000 unique visitors a day just by the top 14 search engines as they are done really good with SEO

•••
Yeah, I've been putting my link up on a WHOLE bunch of link dumps. But I'm looking for better ways if it is possible.

I have even submitted my link to like 70,000 FFAL's.

Thanx a lot though :D Me and phrone are real good friends, and I havn't been to jakez site in like a year lol

•••
I'm thinking about doing a PR Bomb if your interested in doing that PM me or AIM me on Syphilis+INFEST

if you dont know what a PR Bomb is, well, The importance of a Web page is an inherently subjective matter, which depends on the readers interests, knowledge and attitudes. But there is still much that can be said objectively about the relative importance of Web pages. This paper describes PageRank, a method for rating Web pages objectively and mechanically, effectively measuring the human interest and attention devoted to them. We compare PageRank to an idealized random Web surfer. We show how to efficiently compute PageRank for large of quality. Such indicators include reputation of the document source, update frequency, popularity or usage, and citation [6, 7, 17, 34]. The Google search engine very successfully adopts these techniques. In particular, its PageRank algorithm examines the hyperlink easy to make a page appear to be high quality just create many other pages that point to it. To remedy this problem, Brin and Page [6, 31] invented the PageRank measure. The PageRank of a page is computed by weighting each hyperlink proportionally to the quality of the site.

if this confuses you, then to sum it up... everyone who takes part in the PR Bomb place each others links at the bottom of their sites so that when google indexes the pages, it gives each site a higher page rank, thus giving you better search results

•••
On links:

One of the keys to link exchange is not to reciprocate with the same site(address) Lets say you own a PR5 site. That's the site you want to offer to the other guy for his link. But only offer it to him if he has a PR5 site(or better) that you can put the link to your "new" site on.

Google give much more weight to a site that has inbound links(one way). They know that if two sites are linked to each other, the links were often not put there for each site's respective content, but rather just an exchange.

The idea of the rank system is to say, hey this is a great site, look at all the inbound links to it. Must be good content or why would webmasters send their visitors there?

With a straight exchange, google says, hey these two clowns don't care where they send their visitors. Not saying reciprical exchange doesn't help, but good inbound links from a site with a 5+ PR is the best way to go. Obviously the only way to go if you don't have a high PR site to offer your link partner is reciprical

Just to give you an example, I launched stardouble .com in August. I worked like hell fo a week finding/exchanging reciprical links straight up with about 40 sites that had relevent content.(didn't have a high pr site at the time) I submitted it to google, that's it. I've never done any more optimizing/linking since that first week.

Stardouble hit PR5 in December and now has almost 400 links on marketleap. And you have to assume that most of the new links are relevent content links, since that's all i linked with in the original 40. Also you know they are all inbound(one way) Gets about 100 uniques a day now.

If you are doing reciprical linking, try to give your partner a different site to put his link on than the site you are trying to build. INbound(one way) is important. And don't link your ink jet toner site with Patricia's Vegetarian Recipie site.

Also don't be a guest book linker, google will say "clown", and punish you.

•••
•••
Someone want to help me out then?? lol It is a PR0 becuase I don't know who to exchange links with.

Same thing with CuteorUgly.com - No idea who to exchange links with. I would love to do it, but I don't think any sites would want to exchange with one that just opened, right?

Basically, what sites would want to link with mine? Huge PR5 sites won't want to, who would? And where could I search to find small ones with traffic to build mine up?

Last edited:
•••
First off start with some serious SEO, I've checked your site and I see some mistakes that will ease the pain...

there are too many keywords on your site and they have poor relavancy to your page content. Start there

Have you submitted your site to SE's?
and how often do you do so?

I am a firm believer in SEO, many may say link w/a more popular site but that will only get you so far...

1st off get listed in DMOZ (dmoz.org) many search engines get there info their (google included)

Put up a link exchange on your site...

These are basic things that will have results, if you just want traffic, use a link exchange service...hmmmm...
PopUnderHits.com comes to mind and addme.com/eztraffix

•••
Inbound links with proper keyword ancor tags.
Write tons of info and create tons of keyword ancor tags.
Links and links and more links.. One ways are always the best
but of course more difficult to get.
Perhaps create other sites and build up their PR then create your
own One ways off of that. There really is no trick to it. No software is needed. It all comes down to time and its very time consuming. Very.

•••
But what kind of sites would want to link to a PR0? Like both of mine...

I'm more concerned with www.CuteorUgly.com though also.

•••
Find other sites that are like yours. An example would like: hotornot.com for your cuteorugly.com

•••
Which is where I would ask, where could I find small PR0 sites that would trade with mine? HotorNot.com is like a PR7 and I would have to pay to get linked up there.

•••
You'd be surprised - everyone has to start somewhere.
Just in your link exchange proposal letter make sure you tell
them that you just started a new site and our expecting big
results. You'd like them to join you in this venture. something like that. Every link builds you up slowly even if it has no PR showing. Also make sure your sending a lot of letters and try to
make them as personal as possible.

Make sure your wanted ancor keyword tag is setup good or you'll
totally be wasting your time.

•••
But most sites like those, even if I make up a letter, will charge me money in order for my link to go up there. I don't want to spend any money on this, is there any way that sites out there with even like a PR1 would link my site for free?

And where can I set up a keyword ancor?

•••
•••
Not sure how much I can help, but just ask site owners with similar content for a link. A lot of site owners don't even know what PR is, believe it or not, and will do it if you ask nicely.

:)

•••
Well, I've contacted HotorNot and about 8 or 9 other sites exactly like it thanks to the AlexA toolbar which gives related links on its toolbar. So I emailed all of them and havn't got one response back yet and I emailed them about ehh... 4 days ago? 3 days ago? Idk, something like that. Hopefully they get back.

Any tips on how to choose the right keywords? Especially for AnythingTalk because it is so general.

•••
As far as AnythingTalk goes, I'd suggest picking the most popular topics of discussion on the forum.

Something like: discussion, sports, politics, etc.

•••
But, how can keywords really help you? If you don't have an extremely popular site, you are going to be on the 300th page in the Google Search results... how will anyone find your site?

That is why I'm looking for promoting tips...

•••
im confused, whats a link dump?

•••
A link dump is a site where you can just post up your link and people go there and visit them. Completely free.

Example is http://www.oshit.org

•••
is this good for all types of sites (i have a specific design site/forum, and a design forum like this)

•••
forget the big sites they will never exchange link to you.
Try to focus on the biggest PR sites you can. ideally you want
related content.

This is anchor text: <a href="somthing.html">YOUR KEYWORD</a> Keep your keywords in mind when making new pages - do some research here:
http://www.DigitalPoint/tools/suggestion/?keywords=yahoo
it will tell you the apx. type in traffic for that keyword/s. then focus on that keyword.

The power of ancor text gets you #1 positions. This is your most powerful weopon for SEO.

Ask your self this question:

Why do you think YAHOO, Google, DISNEY are ranked in the top positions for the keyword "exit".

Answer: Think about all the adult sites using the keyword "exit".

good luck

•••
whoaaa.... awesome advice.. good site... very true... thanx a lot! :D

But how will search engines work at first? if the site is small, they will be on ppage 348052308947 rather than on 1, 2, or 3...

I don't see the point in keywords...

•••
The most targeted traffic comes from keywords and SEO, imo. You really can have a lot of visitors and no sales. Plus, its free and a generally a lifetime of customers.

You'd be surprised - I have placed on first page many times for good keywords. I would recommend going with a less competitive keyword your first try just to get the feeling of things and see how it works and make sure you show up properly.

It takes a little time to get totally indexed but just keep adding your new content and links.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back