Domain Empire

GD Discount club **Annual Sub'q?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Why cant we pay monthly?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
probably because when you reg/renew domains its for one year...
so when they give you annual discounts, they want to be sure you paid for the year.
else they have no way really to ensure u will pay all 12 motnhs

•••
•••
probably because when you reg/renew domains its for one year...
so when they give you annual discounts, they want to be sure you paid for the year.
else they have no way really to ensure u will pay all 12 motnhs

The flexibility of month-to-month, could cost above $9.99 to make up for the lack of commitment.

Most places charge higher if you opt to go month-to-month,

It feels like a cash grab

•••
but i wish they didn't have this club either.. and just offered decent prices to all. they can afford it for sure.

plus they are the only registrar that charges for yearly club.

imo in the end it loses them way more money cause people won't pay $100 with other registrars not hasving this requiremenrt... so without the club, they'd be making more monery imo as people would stay there and renew more names etc.

•••
but i wish they didn't have this club either.. and just offered decent prices to all. they can afford it for sure.

plus they are the only registrar that charges for yearly club.

imo in the end it loses them way more money cause people won't pay $100 with other registrars not hasving this requiremenrt... so without the club, they'd be making more monery imo as people would stay there and renew more names etc.

I used to think like that...

But "free" to 500+ privileged", may negate that.

And as of today, 18M strong... richer... 21M but Uni separate.

Last edited:
•••
The flexibility of month-to-month, could cost above $9.99 to make up for the lack of commitment.

Most places charge higher if you opt to go month-to-month,

It feels like a cash grab

well yes but my point was that they want commitment. cause when they sell you a name or renewal through their club, they commit to 1 year of you owning this name at disdcount. therefore it would make no sense that if they commit to one year of giving you the name, you do not comit to one year payment.

that's assuming they should even have that paid club. which they shouldn't. casue no one else does it.

•••
I used to think like that...

But "free" to 500+ "privileged", may negate that.

And as of today, 18M strong... Rich get richer... 21M but Uni separate.

i dunno about that.

many domainers won't pay $100. cause no other registrar does this. so they have many options.

imo they'd gain much more if they didn't have club. in terms of clients and money.

•••
Yes, the yearly subscription makes sense in my opinion. Something I resent, however, is that if you are a club member, you have no other benefits, such as coupons, since you aren't allow to apply them to purchases, while those who are not members have access to many coupons. It was even worse when GoDaddy used to allow multiple $0.99 registrations. Again, available to non-members. In short, members should have more privileges than what they are offered now.

•••
Yes, the yearly subscription makes sense in my opinion. Something I resent, however, is that if you are a club member, you have no other benefits, such as coupons, since you aren't allow to apply them to purchases, while those who are not members have access to many coupons. It was even worse when GoDaddy used to allow multiple $0.99 registrations. Again, available to non-members. In short, members should have more privileges than what they are offered now.

I disagree, it's unethical way to conduct business,

Treat newcomers trash; shell $100+ or $18 com

alienate them.. thought would stop growth, yet keep growing

Last edited:
•••
Samer,

Believe me, although I used to be a big GoDaddy's defender, I don't feel the same anymore, for many reasons, including the incompetence of reps who, in several instances, appeared not to know what they were doing and the fact that the company is not, in my opinion, domainer friendly (lack of good landing pages, payment takes too long for sold names, lack of consistency on domain push process, etc.)

But I also see the Club issue from their perspective as a business owner. Nearly all businesses have more rewards for members and very regular users than for sporadic clients.

Last edited:
•••
no matter what you say about gd.. good or bad... its basicaly impossible to beat the offers, exposure, and sales most domainers get on gd auctions.

and that may well be the bottom line.

•••
Samer,

Believe me, although I used to be a big GoDaddy's defender, I don't feel the same anymore, for many reasons, including the incompetence of reps who, in several instances, appeared not to know what they were doing and the fact that the company is not, in my opinion, domainer friendly (lack of good landing pages, payment takes too long for sold names, lack of consistency on domain push process, etc.)

But I also see the Club issue from their perspective as a business owner. Nearly all businesses have more rewards for members and very regular users than for sporadic clients.

btw they took care of the payment too long thing about a year ago. its a thing of beauty now, in case youve not sold there in a while.

•••
I have sold there very recently. One week is still too long...

•••
I have sold there very recently. One week is still too long...

that doesn't have anything to do with how fast gd pays out any more.

the only thing that can cause u to get paid aftr a week now is:

-buyer delays payment
-no expediate transfer, so you wait like 5 days

once buyer pays, domain is transfered to gd, payout takes just couple days.

anyway... i find it big improvement over what they had before.

•••
I spoke with a Godaddy rep about a week ago because I had a question related to their broker service. Before we hung it, the GD associate would not let me go until he described the discount club and I eventually gave in even though I prefer other registrars.

I was surprised that a GD coupon worked as they usually do not work for me. So I ended up getting it for $85 for the year.

Question: does anyone know if there is a way to reduce that ridiculous 9.99 privacy fee per domain? Having to pay this for every domain just kills the good deal that the club offers.

FREE no strings attached privacy: That's why the Dynadots and the Namecheaps and the Epiks got it going on in helping us save cash.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I spoke with a Godaddy rep about a week ago because I had a question related to their broker service. Before we hung it, the GD associate would not let me go until he described the discount club and I eventually gave in even though I prefer other registrars.

I was surprised that a GD coupon worked as they usually do not work for me. So I ended up getting it for $85 for the year.

Question: does anyone know if there is a way to reduce that ridiculous 9.99 privacy fee per domain? Having to pay this for every domain just kills the good deal that the club offers.

FREE no strings attached privacy: That's why the Dynadots and the Namecheaps and the Epiks got it going on in helping us save cash.

They still provide basic privacy for free, right?
It is their premium privacy they sell to unsuspecting website owner that costs 9.99

I never pay that

whois look up shows my city and country that's all

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back