Dynadot

domain GatorRealty.com

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

todd hutcheson

Impact
Just wondering what professionals think this domain is worth. Picked up recently.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I'm in Jax, it would be good for someone centric to Gainesville for sure.

•••
•••
There is already a company by that name in Lakeland. Any new company would run into trademark issues using in Florida. Your best bet would be to offer to the current company and be satisfied with a low to mid XXX flip.

Otherwise, hold out that someone in another state might want it or someone foolish enough to ignore the TM issue.

•••
There are no TM issues here, the term Gator is used widely in that part of Florida. In fact almost every service business has a relation to that term in one way or another.

I would say take the first offer you get, very very limited market and centric to one fan base. No guesses on the exact figure, but mid $XXX would be nice. But depends on what you paid for it.

•••
There are no TM issues here, the term Gator is used widely in that part of Florida. In fact almost every service business has a relation to that term in one way or another.

Dangerous advice. I would suggest Dan doesn't understand how trademarks work. There are likely no trademark issues for the OP as long as he doesn't use it to sell real estate in Florida, but anyone who used it for that purpose would definitely be at risk.

Do you really think you could just open a real estate business down the road from the existing gator realty and use the same name?

•••
There is already a company by that name in Lakeland. Any new company would run into trademark issues using in Florida. Your best bet would be to offer to the current company and be satisfied with a low to mid XXX flip.

Otherwise, hold out that someone in another state might want it or someone foolish enough to ignore the TM issue.
The company in Lakeland does not have anything trademarked.

•••
The company in Lakeland does not have anything trademarked.
You also do not understand how trademarks work. It doesn't have to be registered to qualify as a trademark.

•••
You also do not understand how trademarks work. It doesn't have to be registered to qualify as a trademark.
Then why would anybody go to the effort of getting something trademarked if it does not have to be trademarked according to you to get protection. I agree with you on copyright, but we will have to disagree on this respectfully.

•••
Do a google search and learn more about trademarks, particularly under common law. I'm not saying it isn't a nice name. I'd pick it up if I saw it dropping or cheap myself, but it hurts the end user value that there are already companies doing business in Florida with that exact and similar names.

Depending on where they decide to locate, it could cause problems. It also limits expansion potential since they would have to worry about other companies giving them problems or leaking business to those other companies.

Good luck with it. I still think your best bet is pitching to any existing business using the name.

•••
Do a google search and learn more about trademarks, particularly under common law. I'm not saying it isn't a nice name. I'd pick it up if I saw it dropping or cheap myself, but it hurts the end user value that there are already companies doing business in Florida with that exact and similar names.

Depending on where they decide to locate, it could cause problems. It also limits expansion potential since they would have to worry about other companies giving them problems or leaking business to those other companies.

Good luck with it. I still think your best bet is pitching to any existing business using the name.
I offered to 4 or 5 using Gator in their name and none were interested. Short sighted on their part, but someone will buy eventually.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back