IT.COM

Game plan for newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zain110

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and in this business, I have just started thinking this business 10 days ago and I have started reading this thread daily.I am programmer and I keep doing freelance work and I have team of SEO, content writer and blogger, why I am telling this because I think SEO,content writers and bloggers may help in this business but may be i am wrong.

I have few questions.

1) I was checking sales to purchase domains and i saw domains are available on $.99 but we will have to purchase domains for 3 years,
so for first year $.99 and then for next 2 years regular price. is it normal like this or is there any chance i can purchase domains for $0.99
for one year instead of 3 years.

2) I have read on this forum people said somewhere renewal cost of domains should not be expensive or regular price but I have checked for every
Registrar , renewal cost is always regular like around $15 to $20, how can we reduce renewal cost ?

3) if we do hand register domains, what homework we should do like we need to check what keywords are popular in any specific industry or what are
the synonyms of those keywords something like this?

4) I have heard so many times, once you have hand register domain then build that domain, work on that domain for at least one year then try to sell,
what does it mean building hand register domains and how can we build hand register domains?

5) To Purchase expired domains, what factors we should consider to purchase expired domains like backlinks, keyword history or ?

6) Last question: for new person what should be game plan for next 2 years in this business to make this business profitable in next 5 years?

Thank you in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and in this business, I have just started thinking this business 10 days ago and I have started reading this thread daily.I am programmer and I keep doing freelance work and I have team of SEO, content writer and blogger, why I am telling this because I think SEO,content writers and bloggers may help in this business but may be i am wrong.

They likely cannot help, only domainers can / know exactly about all these things.

I have few questions.

1) I was checking sales to purchase domains and i saw domains are available on $.99 but we will have to purchase domains for 3 years,
so for first year $.99 and then for next 2 years regular price. is it normal like this or is there any chance i can purchase domains for $0.99
for one year instead of 3 years.
Don't do this. Overall you will pay more for next years.

I'd rather use a cheaper registrar, such as Sav or Cosmotown. On other registrars there might be a volume -based discount.

2) I have read on this forum people said somewhere renewal cost of domains should not be expensive or regular price but I have checked for every
Registrar , renewal cost is always regular like around $15 to $20, how can we reduce renewal cost ?
See above.

3) if we do hand register domains, what homework we should do like we need to check what keywords are popular in any specific industry or what are
the synonyms of those keywords something like this?
For this, you will have to read a lot on Namepros. A lot.
4) I have heard so many times, once you have hand register domain then build that domain, work on that domain for at least one year then try to sell,
what does it mean building hand register domains and how can we build hand register domains?
Means you invent a brand new domain and register it.

Stay out of this. It is the way most beginners lose a lot of money.

I do handregs from time to time, and even after years of experience, I still get some duds here and there.

5) To Purchase expired domains, what factors we should consider to purchase expired domains like backlinks, keyword history or ?

That's a SEO question. This is not a SEO forum.

Backlinks matter... or not. If you want to sell domains, unless you focus on SEO domains, the name itself is what matters, not the links.

I personally care zero about links.

6) Last question: for new person what should be game plan for next 2 years in this business to make this business profitable in next 5 years?

Thank you in advance
a) Read a lot of Namepros

b) Invest a little, just a little

c) List domains for sale

d) Wait and see (months) if something sells

e) Start over from a)

Rinse and repeat.

Note: The more you jump quick in getting a lot of names, the more you will be burnt. All beginners buy crap at first. We all did this.

Final advice: Stick to .COM domains only. These are best for beginners / smallest risk for you.

Good luck

P.S. The biggest factor? The more you learn on Namepros, the bigger your chances are. After many years I still dedicate at least 20 minutes per day on NP at least. Often hours.

Last edited:
•••
Hello and welcome to nps!

@twiki gave you great answers to your questions. Use the search feature to do research and take notes along the way...do not invest much until you have spent many hours learning here.

•••
I will side with Mr. Funsky because twiki has summed up very nicely all the points you'll want to address as you start out.

Anything else is just fluff and more often than not a waste of time and/or money.

•••
As Twiki said, do NOT register a lot of domains at once.

As you learn, see what sells you will start to realize those great domains you hand registered, initially, will no longer seem so great....

Watch what sells, try to understand why those domains sell (still some may never make sense), list your domains, wait......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back