Domain Empire

domain Furniture.World

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
*Please dont mention the name in your reply as I plan to delete this thread after a few days (and obviously will not be able to delete/edit your post) and wouldnt like that Google index it. Thanks in advance.

So, I own Furniture.World and have some ideas about the value, but would like to know your thoughts as well.

I must say it is marked as a premium domain by the registry and therefore the renewal fee is $440 at Uniregistry.

Thank you in advance, and once again, please dont mention the name or qoute my whole post (with the domain included) in your reply.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
It's a relativeleyyy good domain - maybe for a corresponding fair / exhibition but also for a store.

Nowww as you own it already, you should activelyyy try to sell it within one year.

If you will not be able to sell it within one year, I indeed recommend you to let it drop as the "premium" renewal - price is too high for a further speculation - at least thats my viewww

Good luckkk

Last edited:
•••
I’m this particular case, I’d say this name is worth reg fee. ($440)

•••
Thanks...any other thoughts

•••
I would say (as I did previously) this is easily 7-10k+ name if sold to relevant end user (furniture manufacter or furniture online store).

But I would not think it as an reasonable investment for domainer, as probabilities of resale for any given year multiplied by renewal fee and by number of years one will hold it is less then possible resell price achievable in the given period (imo).

I think the name would be very good investment with renewal around 40, but 400 is too much considering above. So my appraisal would be 7k-10k, but...

•••
Thanks for your thoughts.

I will write mine, and would like to hear if others agree.

I really believe this domain is worth low to mid $xx,xxx to a serious end user, and higher low $x,xxx to a lower high $x,xxx to a reseller, having in mind the renewal price.

There are 18,000+ exact motnhly searches for this whole keyword phrase, there are 800,000 exact monthly searches for the furniture keyword which is actually the core of this domain which could also be considered as a single-word domain in gTLD.

There are millions of exact monthly searches for other furniture related phrases of which some would definitely be caught with this domain.

Google treats .world equally to .com and also considers an extension as a keyword (confirmed and proven).

I have a landing/promotional web under this domain and I really believe in everything that is written. There is not some cheap marketing, there are only pure facts.

Almost every bigger city in the U.S. has at least one business with this exact name. There are businesses with this name in many other countries. All those businesses are high quality potential end-users and there are hundreds of them (huge reselling potential).

Almost every city in the U.S. and other English speaking countries (Australia, Canada, UK...) has at least dozens of furniture businesses (stores, manufacturers etc...). There are literally thousands of them and all them are potential end-users, no matter if they would be switching to this domain, or would just use it as their additional sale funnel.
If a reseller dont mind doing outbounds, he can stay busy with outbounding for the whole year as he can start contacting furniture business owners in Atlanta, then in Baltimore, then in Chicago, then in Denver....It is hard to believe in all those cities would be no business owner that sees the value and would be ready to pay at least $10,000.

There are also many future business stores and their owners will need a domain so they are also potential end-users.

The competition for this exact keyword phrase (furniture world) is not strong in the terms of SEO (I checked). Only one month of quality SEO work, or only few thousand USD spent on quality SEO would be enough to bring this domain on the first position in search engines and to fix it there forever.

This full name (furniture world), in .com, sold for $29,000 if I recall correctly.
This keyword (furniture) in .market extension sold for $15,000, and is for sale so it was a reseller purchase.
This pure keyword in .co.uk sold for more than half a million USD.
There have been some reported .world sales even in the xx,xxx range (data.world).
There have been some $xxx,xxx reported sales of a domains that end in "World".
Recently I personally sold one other .world domain for high $x,xxx to a reseller (not reported sale as I dont report my sales, it means there might be hundreds of other .world sales that occured and never get reported).

Furniture.World is highly brandable name, familiar to the most, clear meaning, easy spelling and very memorable. It is also still pretty short.

Furniture World is a generic name and there is no TM issues. The only TM that has this exact name is the one that is registered in the publishing and media niche. Therefore this domain should not be used as a home of some furniture related online magazine, but is completely free to be used as a home of furniture store, furniture manufacturer etc.

I mentioned only some of my thoughts about the value of this domain. I would like to hear more of your thoughts and some other appraisals (please dont mention the name in your post).

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
It is a good brand, but $440/year kills the investment to me.

It is not only about finding a buyer, it is about finding a buyer that doesn't mind that steep renewal.
Many potential buyers are going to be turned off by that.

NameBio.com only shows 23 total .World sales in 3+ years. There is only one sale in 5 figures ($10k).

I think the cost compared to the potential upside is too steep as an investor.

Best of luck with it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is a good brand, but $440/year kills the investment to me.Brad

I agree the $440 renewal is not attractive, but I believe it is acceptable with a domain of this quality. I am even thinking about developing this domain into a business and this renewal fee would be irrelevant to me in that case. If I live in the U.S. or UK I would definitely keep this domain and start a business under it (either furniture dropshipping, or some partnership with manufacturers).
I already made some calculations and there is a decent profit to be made. Of course I included the develolpment cost and SEO expenses. However, delivery cost is the only thing that bothers me, unless I would be shipping from the UK or U.S., but have no partners in the furniture niche there.
I wanted to say....if the renewal fee would not be problem to me if I would decide to start a business, to me who is not in this niche, then it should not be the problem to some serious end-user (who is already in the niche) either. Moreover, online businesses in this niche are the future, and $440/year is nothing compared to much more than that per month for a showroom.

NameBio.com only shows 23 total .World sales in 3+ years. There is only one sale in 5 figures ($10k).
Brad

I know, but I dont find that info relevant. I personally sold some .world domains, and one of those sales had been in the high $x,xxx range, but you cant see any of those sales on namebio. I am sure there are many other people/resellers/investors that also sold .world which was not reported.

Best of luck with it.
Brad

Thanks ;) And thanks for your comment.

Last edited:
•••
Looking for a few more appraisals. Thanks

•••
Agree with @lolwarrior would be a steal at $7-10k range, good for you and good for the buyer.

Disagree with you both on renewal, the price of renewal is irrelevant as the value of the name far outweighs the price.

This is one of the best nGTLD's I've seen. Great domain

If you want to sell it, inbox me - i'll buy it now for cash

Last edited:
•••
You need to find an end user ASAP. Resellers will fear the renewal fees. I'm not as confident as you on price. Most businesses are still fearful of the more exotic extensions, and with the renewal fees you can't wait a decade for them to catch up.

Is a good name, but I think we're looking at mid to high xxxx

Last edited:
•••
@mitok Are you planning to reach out to buyers for this domain or wait passively ? I think the two options are very different.

•••
Most businesses are still fearful of the more exotic extensions
Most performance businesses use agency's, The owner or owners will take professional advice from the agency.

What "domain experts" said about .com names 25 years ago or last week is absolutely 110% irrelevant.

Agencies understand how L.page algorithm works

i.e. If the agency advised the owner this is a good investment, They're buying.

Last edited:
•••
@mitok Are you planning to reach out to buyers for this domain or wait passively ? I think the two options are very different.

I am waiting for now.

There are literally thousands of potential end-user as any furniture store is the one, and those with this exact name (there are also a large number of them) are really perfect potential end-users.

When I do outbounds, I prefer to prepare all offers before start sending them so that can send them all in a short period of time and have more options. If I would be sending lets say 10 offers per week I would never know if some other potential end-user deeper on the list would offer more than the one who was on the list of those 10 ;) At the moment I dont have time for preparing thousands of email offers, and it would be a pitty to leave a lot of money on the table with this domain.

•••
I like the name a lot. As you say, an almost limitless number of potential purchasers, and it has instant recognition and perfect matching two sides of dot.

Have you thought of developing it as a site that sold links to all the furniture stores in the world, something like the model described in the most recent DNWire podcast (link below) like Drew Walsh does with his towing domain name?

https://domainnamewire.com/2018/05/...usinesses-on-premium-domains-dnw-podcast-186/

•••
I like the name a lot. As you say, an almost limitless number of potential purchasers, and it has instant recognition and perfect matching two sides of dot.

Have you thought of developing it as a site that sold links to all the furniture stores in the world, something like the model described in the most recent DNWire podcast (link below) like Drew Walsh does with his towing domain name?

https://domainnamewire.com/2018/05/...usinesses-on-premium-domains-dnw-podcast-186/

Thanks for the idea. Main focus was on selling the domain, dropshipping business, partnership with some furniture manufacturer and starting a serious business, or simple development without an active business and then selling the domain + web when it will capture the first positions for numerious strong keyword phrases. Some kind of directory is now one more idea.

•••
•••
.....any other appraisal?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back