IT.COM

domain FTL.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Nunya

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,

An international freight company I work with on some marketing projects has asked me to research the value of this domain. I am just getting started on this project and from what I understand, three letter dot coms are an expensive proposition. They are not averse to paying (what I consider to be) a premium for it.

Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please share some insight as to why the unnamed freight company would encourage you to publish the exact domain name and amount bid before closing the deal. It's an odd negotiation strategy that could be interpreted as thinly veiled self promotion by the domain registrant. Thanks!

Hi ecalc,

I suppose your suspicion is warranted, given what little I've learned about this business since this little effort began. I am not the owner. The owner was honest with me about wanting a large price for it, but also open in that he "would consider offers from actually serious parties". Seriously, I think that is his thing. Is it possible he is just done with bs artists that he claimed he gets messages from? That's what he described to me.

Regardless, he was open about the wide variety of valuations. I don't think any of the valuation comments here will surprise him (except that $3500 one). I am willing to bet he has seen this thread but who knows? Separately though related: The *unnamed potential buyer* has instructed me that any final price will be undisclosed. I do not know if this trips your spidey-sense more or less but apparently we will not be announcing a valuation if an agreement can be had.

The reason I posted here? This is not really my game. I found this forum after a google search. I thought this would be an interesting place to pose the question.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think any of the valuation comments here will surprise him (except that $3500 one).
I retracted that later on :xf.wink:

That said (chewing the fat a bit) there is no definitive answer as to how much it's worth or what the right opening bid should be. Or what the correct approach is. Some tactics work some don't, some do/don't in certain scenarios, and with certain people.

$3.5K might not get a reply, ever. Or might get the reply "try more like $35k" expecting it to end the conversation, and a reply of "ok I offer $35k" might end up keeping the negotiations down as you went in at what they said. Many scenarios are possible :xf.smile:

Be interesting to hear about progress though, as much as you are allowed.

•••
Hi Bob Nunya,
Sorry for being rude, I appreciate your civility. Non-disclosure of potential transaction details is perfectly reasonable and doesn't spark my spidey sense but that genie left the bottle on page 1. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time. In God we trust, all others pay cash. Good luck!

•••
Thanks to all who helped me with this endeavor.

Our negotiation with the owner was not successful. I am not sure how this will sit with ecalc :xf.smile: but the owner declined our highest offer. I can say that we offered a high-five digit price and he countered with a six digit number. The company is going to keep their online presence as it is currently. The owner indicated a few "domain pros" contacted him due to this thread, so I must tip my hat to ecalc, for while I am not the owner, he certainly gained exposure from my inquiry. I suppose he already knew that.

Tally-Ho!
Bob

•••
Hah. Bob is not Clay! eClec, you are one shrewd and cynical man! Bob actually mentioned you by "name" in our last call (sorry Bob, I had to mention that) :-D.

Regarding this particular domain, I am just not interested in selling for anything less than a LOT.

•••
if the seller is not in hurry to sell could do between 5-7figures...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back