IT.COM

FREE hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey,

I need some thoughts from ya's about offering FREE hosting in order to have a banner placed on the site being hosted. I'm also thinking of have it banner hosted but if needed you can upgrade to banner free hosting for a small fee.

Anyone interested or have comments about it??

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think its good idea to advertise but dont get too carried away with it.

•••
Advertise in which way? I'm trying to get ideas here on what clients want an are looking for as the reason posted in develop. area instead of For Sale/advertise. There wan't a link of site posted in this thread.. Please let me know a more detailed answer as to your post. Every idea i have i'll be sure to post it and ask if anyone wants it and if they think its good. I thought that was allowed here as i'm not posting as asking .. Its the best way to see what is really driving the clients out there for product.

Last edited:
•••
you would be advertising through the banner. I think it is good if someone needed some free hosting. I would go for no banners, about 25-50mb of space and 500-1000mb of transfer. cpanel is a bonus if you offer free hosting and you should be able to get more i know i would be more driven to it. instead of banners maybe a text link like "hosted by ChaChing" would get more takers.

•••
Hey,

Cooooool idea.. I wasn't sure what you mean by that last post.. I thought you were saying or meant i was posting to many times on here.. LOL sorry about that . Maybe i'll do that or try something like that.

10mb / 300mb transfer is a Hosted By link
30mb / 600mb transfer is a banner
75mb / 1gig transfer would be like $2/month banner and Hosted link free

Watcha think?
cpanel on all of them

•••
o i meant getting carried away meaning just giving out too much free accounts and getting yourself in a hole.

i think they are nice plans. what does the last one mean?

•••
Disk Space* 100mb*
High Availability Bandwidth* 2048mb*
Advanced Control Panel yes
24/7 Emergency Support no
Email Features
POP3\IMAP Email Accounts 50
SMTP Server no
Autoresponders yes
Spam Filtering yes
Email Forwarding unlimited
Web Mail Access yes
Software Support
html yes
PHP yes
Javascript yes
mySQL yes
Perl yes
CGI-Bin Support yes
Sendmail Support yes
Server Side Includes yes
Web Statistics yes
Account Support
FTP Account yes
Anonymous FTP Server no
Advanced Features
Frontpage Extensions on request
Domain Aliases 5
Password Protection yes
phpMyAdmin yes
Web Based Stats yes
Access To Raw Log Files Yes

Cost Per Month £0.00
Setup Fee £0.00

i wont say they name of the company that offer this but thats the kind of thing u would need to match or beat but good luck with what you do decide on doing if you want to know check out the np board

Last edited:
•••
sounds like 1&1?.... if not they also offer Free hosting...never used them though:tri:

•••
I don't like your paid plan... it's a little expensive. Someone could get more space and bandwidth for the price you're offering. Also, you oculd advertise like Geocities does. With ads but ones you can close so it's not too overpowering.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back