NameSilo

Free Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My suggestion is to do away with the free domain thing. This is the "Forum for domain name professionals". Being that we are professionals, I think we can afford our own domain name ;). The only thing I have seen it do is cause useless posts to clutter the forums. JMHO.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most people are referring from teen message boards where the people aren't even interested in this or not interested in learning.. just the domain name. So if only serious people are allowed it would work fine.

•••
I am sure this issue is being dealt with..as I feel exactly the same way as you Matt Wade..I am reading more of worthless threads than usefull..which is why I have suggested to setup a seperate forum board for newbies..let's see what happens ...hope is all i can be patient for :)

•••
Wahoo others feel the same way :)
No offence to anyone but alot of the posts by the teen forum memebrs are worthless
Im sure the "real domainers" wont mind if the NP$ for domain is taken away, Besides i think its only available for the first 10 people to purchase it and some already got theres

•••
Finally, people who agree. LOL
I am a teen but I am very interested in this business and have already sold a few names

•••
Yup i have nothing against teens :)
but people no matter what the age may be that just post nothing post for NP$ is the problem

•••
Yes I know. When that started happening I was like.. wtf. But whatever floats your boat.. lol

•••
I agree do away with the free domain name.

•••
lol my parents dont want me to get a domain cause they dont wanna pay for it..so i'm just looking for a free one!:cy:

•••
Get out there and babysit or something for a couple of hours...you can get a domain name for like 8 bucks....

•••
Originally posted by Matt Wade
Get out there and babysit or something for a couple of hours...you can get a domain name for like 8 bucks....

I babysit and get an average of $75 a night.. usually $100 though.. and I work a couple nights a week.

•••
Sounds like you have a good deal going on....let 1uckystar in on some of that action ;)

•••
Originally posted by Matt Wade
Sounds like you have a good deal going on....let 1uckystar in on some of that action ;)

Nah, I also do paperwork for his business twice a month.. lol. Last night 7 hours, I made $65.. woohoo. I am babysitting tomorrow also.

•••
Originally posted by adill420
I am sure this issue is being dealt with..as I feel exactly the same way as you Matt Wade..I am reading more of worthless threads than usefull..which is why I have suggested to setup a seperate forum board for newbies..let's see what happens ...hope is all i can be patient for :)

Well said, I could not agree more. I like the concept of purchasing for posting. I am sure there are younger members who are serious who may not always have the cash to purchase.
I am sure we have all been there once upon a time. (Remember when they were $35.00 per year) BUT Posting useless babble just to get a FREE domain is getting out of hand.

IMO

•••
i dont know. but i know im learning.

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
... BUT Posting useless babble just to get a FREE domain is getting out of hand.

IMO

Thanks CP, everyone! Please know that we are acutely aware of your comments and concerns, as posted. Everyone here respects the integrity of the Namepros site and also the integral components of fairness and "community". In this period of rapid growth, we are continually and vigilantly evolving as well, with these core principles in mind. The professional knowledge-based and informational-sharing elements that are unique to Namepros are paramount. Should any of these aspects become clouded, we will make the necessary adjustments. We are here to make the community as fair and effective as humanly possible, and we do this through solid teamwork. This team is at work and your posts are greatly appreciated. :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
In this period of rapid growth, we are continually and vigilantly evolving as well, with these core principles in mind. The professional knowledge-based and informational-sharing elements that are unique to Namepros are paramount.

Every new ventue takes a little time to work out the bugs and fine tune a concept. I seriously believe that NamePros has the basics of an awesome concept and a real winner.

One of the primary reasons I find myself hanging around here more than some of the other forums is the cross-section of members at NamePros. Everybody from the newbie to the seasoned pro is welcome. There is a strong sense of community and an attitude of "Check Your Ego at the Door" that allows for the basic premise that the Internet was built on to shine through.

Although there might be a couple of minor glitches along the way, the Staff of NamePro's has done an awesome job. Congratulations!!!

•••
Thank you, Paul. :)
I don't like to speak for other people, especially the ones who you know I'm now referring to ... as they can very easily and eloquently speak for themselves ... but on behalf of our very close TEAM here, we truly appreciate your comments!
Stay tuned! :D

•••
Originally posted by CenterPoint
Every new ventue takes a little time to work out the bugs and fine tune a concept. I seriously believe that NamePros has the basics of an awesome concept and a real winner.

One of the primary reasons I find myself hanging around here more than some of the other forums is the cross-section of members at NamePros. Everybody from the newbie to the seasoned pro is welcome. There is a strong sense of community and an attitude of "Check Your Ego at the Door" that allows for the basic premise that the Internet was built on to shine through.

Although there might be a couple of minor glitches along the way, the Staff of NamePro's has done an awesome job. Congratulations!!!

Very well said CP.
Those are the kind of posts we all like.
Glad to have you as part of the NamePros community!

Cheers!

•••
Yes, please do away with the free Domain thingy :)

Mike

•••
Yeah, it's stupid lol. Anyway, this is the 'break room' so eeveryone shoudl stop talking sbout domains here!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back