Watch

Aditya321

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hey guys
I just regged this gem.
Let me know how valuable this can get.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless it gets traffic then it's not worth much

•••
You know if it gets much traffic ?

•••
I dont know If it will get or not.
Just parked it.
Let's see.

•••
What's the history on it? Did you find on expireddomains.net?
Have you bothered to check the Internet Archive?
It is a good find for reg fee... for sure

•••
It was never regged before Sir.

•••
Yes it was... sorry to correct

•••
Yeah sorry.
It was regged in 2001

•••
Which means it has some age to it also... another good thing

•••
Haha yeah
15 years is good time I guess

•••
Not sure about the value, but it's a great reg.

It has a history of 11 years. https://whois.domaintools.com/fraance.com

Edit: Just re-read the thread. Yep, it was first regged in 2001 according to the Wayback Internet Archives. Typos were in vogue at that time.

•••
•••
Having a 11 years history does not make a domain valuable, in fact I might be a sign that the previous owner has giving up on this domain because it's next to impossible to find an enduser for it.

Typo domains like these drop every day and are abandoned over other investments. Unless it has lots of typo traffic and I doubt it does then I cant valuate it over reg fee.

•••
There are plenty of domains that are typos and misspellings. Some have expired . I've registered some myself and have gotten chewed out and negatively criticized for it on NP how come this domain hasn't and seems to be getting better praise?

Is Fraance a common typo?

Well just did a check and this particular type only gets 260 searches per month on Google. And Fraance.com gets zero searches of course that does not account for how many people actually type Fraance.com into the address box.

•••
Having a 11 years history does not make a domain valuable, in fact I might be a sign that the previous owner has giving up on this domain because it's next to impossible to find an enduser for it.

Typo domains like these drop every day and are abandoned over other investments. Unless it has lots of typo traffic and I doubt it does then I cant valuate it over reg fee.

Exactly! This is what was told to me!

•••
For a reg fee I really dont mind

•••
For a reg fee I really dont mind

If you renewed this domain each year for 10 years and found no buyer for it would you mind registering it again for the eleventh year ?

•••
So will that help?

Generally, when a domain has a history, it means that someone found it worth registering a long time back. BUT, not sure how this logic applies to typo domains. At that point in time, many people used to register typo domains for getting parking revenue. Nowadays, typos (if they are stylish enough) are used as brandable domains. Maybe your domain falls in this category. You can try submitting it to BrandBucket and see how it goes.

•••
If you renewed this domain each year for 10 years and found no buyer for it would you mind registering it again for the eleventh year ?
It was dropped 3 times.

•••
Generally, when a domain has a history, it means that someone found it worth registering a long time back. BUT, not sure how this logic applies to typo domains. At that point in time, many people used to register typo domains for getting parking revenue. Nowadays, typos (if they are stylish enough) are used as brandable domains. Maybe your domain falls in this category. You can try submitting it to BrandBucket and see how it goes.
Thanks a lot buddy.

•••
But will BB accept typo country names?

•••
•••
Yeah
If they could accept jaipura , I guess they will do it for fraance.com for sure.

•••
And when a small city could get $2095.
I think France will have lot more value.

•••
It was dropped 3 times.
I start to question domains that are dropped more than once in a ten year period. I'm pretty sure it's typo value is not worth the reg. There are to many negatives to use this domain as a brandable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back