Dynadot

Forwarding your e-mails? You might be missing the important ones.

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Based on analysis of our aggregate e-mail reports, the following providers are forwarding our e-mails improperly. Anyone using these providers to forward e-mails will be missing any from domains that publish active DMARC policies. Soon, namepros.com's passive DMARC policy will switch to active. You've been warned.

If you are using any of these providers to forward e-mail, please bug them to do so properly, and not mangle the messages. Since they aren't going to bother fixing it, please find another way to transfer mail between providers (POP, IMAP) or, even better, switch providers. I hear Gmail is giving out accounts for free these days.

• Corexchange/EBL Global Networks, Inc.
  • ECSuite
  • PSINet/Cogent
  • Columbia Telecommunications
  • Telefonica del Peru
  • Yesup Ecommerce Solutions
  • ThePlanet.com Internet Services
  • Arlink S.A. (and probably anything else running SquirrelMail)
  • Go Daddy, Netherlands branch

I've left out some private servers. If you are operating your own e-mail server, please verify that recent e-mails from us that have been forwarded contain a valid "DKIM-Signature" header.

Mail servers that modify the body of any message will invalidate that message's DKIM signature. If DMARC is fully enabled, the e--mail will be rejected by the receiving server.

I'll post new providers are we receive more failure reports.

P.S. Companies that are often impersonated via e-mail are most likely to publish DMARC policies--for example, banks. As such, the e-mails that get rejected when a forwarding setup is non-compliant are often the important ones.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back