IT.COM

tips Forward your domain to the potential buyers website.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Simple Tip:

Some potential buyers and especially smaller business owners don't realize that they can have multiple domains all pointed to their website. Mention in your email that the name is pointed toward their website and it may help seal the deal. It has helped for me many times.

If I have more than one potential buyer I will forward the name to each buyer for a maximum of 72 hours. This gives them time to see your email and let them salivate over the name while it's pointed to their website.

It may not seem like much but I do believe it helps create a trust factor between you and the buyer because they know you are actually selling what you say you are selling.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting idea, but I think it'd be much better to put up a mock/starter site (that looks better than their own).

It gives them something to aspire to, and you could potentially up-sell the web development/design.

:)

•••
The downside is when other competitors think that you are affiliate to their competitors site. You loose the chance of domain enquiries from other competitors....

•••
The downside is when other competitors think that you are affiliate to their competitors site. You loose the chance of domain enquiries from other competitors....
Do you really think they would know if a certain name is forwarded for a 24-72 hour period? I think I have a better chance of getting hit by a car, bit by a shark and struck by lightning all at the same time before a competitor would know if one of 127 million dotcom domains is forwarded to a certain website for a very short period of time.

•••
Glad it works for you but I personally don't like the idea... it kind of reminds me of the guy who comes up to your car and starts cleaning your windows with a squeegee without you asking for it so you feel more obligated to pay.

•••
Glad it works for you but I personally don't like the idea... it kind of reminds me of the guy who comes up to your car and starts cleaning your windows with a squeegee without you asking for it so you feel more obligated to pay.
Some people like clean windows. :)

•••
Then he dirties them again when he realizes you won't pay and moves on to the next house :xf.grin:

•••
Yeah, no one said it never worked. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back