IT.COM

guide For Newbies Only #3

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Just want to share mistakes that Newbies normally make from my experience - Do not attack. Remember this one is for Newbies Only. If you are an experience member then move on.

1. Your time is very important, try not to engage to nonsense threads. It's ok to socialize but only when you have time.
2. Spend time to read instead of asking questions. Don't be lazy. Most likely you can find out what you need to know from the forum or Google. Asking too many questions will not help but confuse you as the answers may come from newbies with no experience. Remember everyone want to be an expert by "Google".
3. Stay away from $1 auction. Begging for $1 bid is a waste of time. You will end up losing money anyhow with the time you spend to bump the thread.
4. Establish a trading record by selling names to members with small profit or even break even. People don't want to deal with members who has zero trader rating.
5. I said this before but I will have to say it again. Do not post the name here and ask for Appraisal. It will not help you at all as everyone can give you a random number and sometimes bad comments about the name. Google will index and you may have problem selling to smart user.
6. Stay away from parking if you are new. Trade Mark holder will use this reason to get their name back since you are trying to make profit from the name.
7. There are too many way to make money from domaining so pick your niche. It should be general so you have a bigger market. Stay away from current events: Crypto, Political, Virus, etc...
8. Stop asking questions that you may get the wrong answers:
- How can I sell name fast? - No one know
- What is the cheapest registrar? - Pick a popular and reputable one. A dollar or two more should not be a problem.
- I have a TM name should I be worried? - Yes you do - Stay away from them.
- What is a Premium domain? If you cannot sell it then it's not a Premium.
- Do not fall in love with a name. You are in a business of buying and selling and most likely you think the names you have are all good until you find out that you cannot sell them.
8. Turn Who is privacy on. I sold many names to businesses and companies because they contacted me from the whois information. By turning the privacy off you are blocking an entrance to your market.
9. Don't spend too much time on past sales and statistical information. You can sell the same name to different end users and they will pay for the name depending on their budget. Past sale information does not guaranty future results.
10. And the most important thing is you have to have a common sense when buying a name. Ask yourself:
- Who will be your client?
- Does the name make sense (This is the #1 Problem since many members are not English native speaking). Many times the name sounds good but it does not mean anything:
--- ElectricSoil
--- DeadStainlessSteel
--- StupidRetard
- If you have to explain a name then the name is no good.

So spend the time to read and learn before asking the questions. When you see too many junk names listed for sale then you are making a progress. You need to help yourself first before asking other people to help you.

Again just a reminder this is for Newbies only. If you are an experienced domainer then you are for sure smarter than me. I am just sharing my mistakes.

Good luck!

Next: ** For Newbies Only #4 **
Previous: *** For Newbies Only #2 ***

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My favorite registrar is Epik

Everyone knows that you like epik, even squirrels on my yard trees know that... you never forget to mention that in every second post you make. (y)

•••
Everyone knows that you like epik, even squirrels on my yard trees know that... you never forget to mention that in every second post you make. (y)

yes but always forget to mention 2020 NP of yr

Last edited:
•••
Correction for #8 since I cannot edit the original post anymore:

8. Turn Who is privacy off. I sold many names to businesses and companies because they contacted me from the whois information. By turning the privacy on you are blocking an entrance to your market.

Does Porkbun provides the option of "Turn OFF Who is privacy" ? Because when I try to do that they provide the option called "Redact Privacy Data" and they only show Country Name and State/Province Name of the domain owner. So, my question is, How someone will even contact me without my e-mail???

or Is my question even Valid? Currently I don't have any idea about it. Can you focus some light on it?

& Thanks Mr. @johnn for those 10 points.

•••
Very helpful. "StupidRetard" - :)!!!
Only reason I have whois off is that I get besieged by web & SEO service people by phone or email.

•••
Thanks again for sharing your wisdom with newbies like myself.:xf.smile:

•••
Great advices

Thanks John

•••
leant a lot, thanks johnn

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back