IT.COM

showcase Foldable Phones Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only have one relating to mobile phones:

Folding Mobiles (.com)

•••
I think I should get into the game. But its seems the domains will be long ones.

•••
I have

Foldable/ .co
Foldable/ .pro

•••
I own the below domains.

foldable .best
foldablephone .best
foldablephones .best
foldablesmartphones .best

•••
Well I truly hope 'domainers ' ?? Don't make the same silly mistakes with this technology as they did with bitcoin markets and the like. The reality is there will only be a limited number of manufacturers developing this fold screen technology and they will go with a branding-name for their product. Sure as a concept it will become available for any type of portable screen.and this will make certain generic names quite valuable But, they will only be the very best descriptives.

I do indeed have two domains myself both registered about 10 years ago with an eye to future technologies of folding screens but even I think they would be a 10 to 1 shot at a sale.

You need thousands of perspective (Business/manufacturer) customers for a chance of a domain sale. Billions of dollars of potential sales by just a few manufacturers is not the target of good domain investment

Last edited:
•••
Well I truly hope 'domainers ' ?? Don't make the same silly mistakes with this technology as they did with bitcoin markets and the like. The reality is there will only be a limited number of manufacturers developing this fold screen technology and they will go with a branding-name for their product. Sure as a concept it will become available for any type of portable screen.and this will make certain generic names quite valuable But, they will only be the very best descriptives.

I do indeed have two domains myself both registered about 10 years ago with an eye to future technologies of folding screens but even I think they would be a 10 to 1 shot at a sale.

You need thousands of perspective (Business/manufacturer) customers for a chance of a domain sale. Billions of dollars of potential sales by just a few manufacturers is not the target of good domain investment

I agree that domainers should go careful with this trend. I only did two names myself, my other one could be considered more of a brandable I suppose.

Smart Foldables (.com)

Sometimes companies do buy domains for redirect purposes so EMD's could still have a fair chance imo.

•••
Last edited:
•••
"Are they a fad, a niche product, or the genuine next big thing?"

To my mind these 'foldables' will be a fad with a reasonable amount of sales. My feeling is the novelty will not override the potential and probable issues with durability (I've only had a chance to see one up close). I do not plan to buy names for this market (hope I am not wrong like I was with crypto!).

•••
I plan on buying one to be honest, a handset the size of a mobile that fits in your pocket and folds out to the size of a tablet.....brilliant for movies, gaming, web etc.....

Web reviews are drooling over this tech.....watch this space!

Last edited:
•••

"Are they a fad, a niche product, or the genuine next big thing?"

There's going to be several markets that can take advantage of folding/collapsible screens not just phones, Even tablets and any type of fold-able screen/display has it's advantages. A lot is going to depend on how this technology effects the users experience and the cost of entering the market etc. It is going to find its niches and some of those may be far bigger than some expect. If this technology evolves, imagine being able to revert back to that little phone that sat in your pocket all those years ago, before the iphone. And being able to expand the device to a size that fits your 'Varying' needs.

I could go on about screens for portable commercial use etc But that would be like running before the technology can even walk ;)

I would add, that domain investors need possibly need to view this technology as somewhat similar to the advent of Touchscreen technology. I was fortunate in that was a technology that I invested in around 2000/2001 and sold quite a few 'Touch' names. Now today everyone expects touchscreens to be built in so the 'touch' domains are past their peak but still salable. Lets see if 'Fold' follows a similar pathway

Last edited:
•••
Can't be as big as 'Touch' obviously because there you had all the Applications market at your doorstep

•••
I had a foldable cell phone - I just flipped it and it folded in half! :-P Had it for many years, in fact only finally abandoned it a few months ago. Do you mean I just missed the trend back to flip phones? :xf.cool: Or is this foldable something new? :xf.sick:
Bob

ps Being serious, I think that @BaileyUK makes a good point that even with great new technology the number of domains needed for end users may be very limited.

•••
I had a foldable cell phone - I just flipped it and it folded in half! :-P Had it for many years, in fact only finally abandoned it a few months ago.

I still have mine! It cost 9.99 at the dollar general store and I have 3-4 back ups in a drawer somewhere when I break this one. :xf.smile:

•••
I had a foldable cell phone - I just flipped it and it folded in half! :-P Had it for many years, in fact only finally abandoned it a few months ago. Do you mean I just missed the trend back to flip phones? :xf.cool: Or is this foldable something new? :xf.sick:
Bob

ps Being serious, I think that @BaileyUK makes a good point that even with great new technology the number of domains needed for end users may be very limited.

It's fairly new Bob, Unlike the old 'flip-phones' those had a keypad - In this unfolding scenario ;) required key-pads are an integral part of the screen display.(like the iphone)

Phones are really just part of the potential market, Think more of an integrated touchpad/laptop/phone. Probably even curve it for restricted space use (including privacy)

Last edited:
•••
I think instead of foldable, a flexi phone seems to describe the new trend better. No?

•••
I think instead of foldable, a flexi phone seems to describe the new trend better. No?

I would say not. These phones fold out from mobile phone form and turn closer to a tablet size device.

I would say flexi is more to do with how bendable a phone is. Where as the foldable related keywords suggest it folds during its transformation

Last edited:
•••
same or similar to module mobiles?

•••
same or similar to module mobiles?

If you mean modular mobile phones, this is different. Modular is where modules of the phone can be easily replaced/upgraded.

This is simply a small factor mobile phone which folds out to make the screen larger. It pretty much turns a phone into a tablet just by being unfolded.

•••
The reality is there will only be a limited number of manufacturers

Billions of dollars of potential sales by just a few manufacturers

Well pointed out. Only a few manufacturers will produce the products and only a few retailers will sell them. Billions of revenue will be generated, but there will be no need for any domains by the few manufacturers and retailers.

Smartphone.com would support this statement as it remains unsold and available. The very few manufacturers and retailers in the industry have no need for it.

•••
Well pointed out. Only a few manufacturers will produce the products and only a few retailers will sell them. Billions of revenue will be generated, but there will be no need for any domains by the few manufacturers and retailers.

Smartphone.com would support this statement as it remains unsold and available. The very few manufacturers and retailers in the industry have no need for it.

Same for smartphone.net, smartphone.org etc etc....not developed and for sale

Mobiles, phones etc....all developed

I'm not making a point to register anything.com, however the term 'smartphone' is not as fancied as mobile/phone domains.

Last edited:
•••
Acquired

20190326_123222_0000.png

•••
•••
alright.
I just put $30 into the game... a bit more general keyword.. but maybe general can apply to more foldable techs... now or later..

foldable
.io

•••
alright.
I just put $30 into the game... a bit more general keyword.. but maybe general can apply to more foldable techs... now or later..

foldable
.io

Good reg mate👍🏻

•••
Back