Dynadot

Flippa .com Bad Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
This has to be one of the worst sites for selling and buying domains. I can never get a domain verified through TXT or Whois and using the alternative option of changing nameservers so domains point to there nameservers takes days if not weeks for them to verify the domain even after sending tons of messages using their support forms.

Their customer service is cr@p!

I have also read on review sites that there are a lot of scammers on there trying to sell websites that apparently making tons of money when in fact they aren't making any money at all.

Any else used Flippa and had a bad experience?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This company has been in steep decline since the escrow.com integration. avoid them all cost

Feels so good be Flippa-free. Worst company!

Last edited:
•••
Same here...I think better use any other market place.

•••
I haven't necessarily had a bad experience with their customer service but their fees and prices are far too high in my opinion. I'll always try to sell a name on NamePros first simply to avoid high "success fees" and listing fees. It's fees on top of fees.

Better off finding a buyer directly and then just using Escrow.com for buyer/seller protection.

•••
Yes
These are famous scammers and I have been out of them since 2015.

•••
Try to email them and let them know about the issue.

•••
Does anyone have links to good information on how to evaluate Flippa listed websites? I watched a few videos by a guy named Steve McGarry on how to evaluate Flippa listed companies. But I'm looking for more detailed information.

•••
Does anyone have links to good information on how to evaluate Flippa listed websites? I watched a few videos by a guy named Steve McGarry on how to evaluate Flippa listed companies. But I'm looking for more detailed information.

the question is why do you wish to shop there after reading all these reviews... Stay away...

•••
any new platform that allows $1 starting bids no reserve can take over where Flippa left off.

•••
I stopped using flippa after they allowed a seller to back out of a sale, hid negative feedback on his profile for previous times he had backed out of other sales, and told me "If he chooses to re-list the name, we'll let you know so you can bid on it again."

A name I had already won in auction!

After multiple times of backing out of sales, they were still going to let this user list on their platform again if he wanted to.

What a waste of time!

•••
Once upon a time flippa used to be a good market place, now its just spammy listing.
I would try to focus on other market place, but also focus on the domain quality.

•••
Once upon a time flippa used to be a good market place, now its just spammy listing.
I would try to focus on other market place, but also focus on the domain quality.
Which other marketplace are you referring to? Flippa seems hard to avoid if you are only interested in developed websites. They are the world's largest venue to buy and sell websites, I believe. But they do have a lot of low quality websites all claiming amazing earnings.

•••
This has to be one of the worst sites for selling and buying domains. I can never get a domain verified through TXT or Whois and using the alternative option of changing nameservers so domains point to there nameservers takes days if not weeks for them to verify the domain even after sending tons of messages using their support forms.

Their customer service is cr@p!

I have also read on review sites that there are a lot of scammers on there trying to sell websites that apparently making tons of money when in fact they aren't making any money at all.

Any else used Flippa and had a bad experience?
Dude your website still ugly..
It’s me 4alexia.com 😂

•••
😂still doing great though. Keep it basic and remember the name Pink Apple Domains lol

Dude your website still ugly..
It’s me 4alexia.com 😂

•••
•••
Flippa customer support is worst, they just keep replying with copy+paste answer. Never try to understand your problem, and always super excited to banned your flippa account. Any alternative to them? I was using flippa since 5 years, but now would like to find alternative to it..

l wish Flippa owner was here on NP.

•••
Flippa customer support is worst, they just keep replying with copy+paste answer. Never try to understand your problem, and always super excited to banned your flippa account. Any alternative to them? I was using flippa since 5 years, but now would like to find alternative to it..

l wish Flippa owner was here on NP.

@FlippaDomains

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back