NameSilo

advice Flippa BIN problem?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sanwal

Sanwal MemonTop Member
Impact
Hi there,
Bought a domain/website for 800 and was redirected to paypal, i payed the seller instantly - He acknowledges that, however 3 days forward it still says "start an escrow." It hasn't been resolved yet.

He has been very kind, however i just wanted to know whether anyone else faces the same issue on flippa when you buy anything through the BIN option.

The files have been transferred, however the main domain, he will give it when flippa resolves this. I know this will be resolved soon hopefully, but it does create problems for the buyer and has a bad effect - specially if you are buying a website.

Just wanted to know, does everyone face this problem, or is it just a one time glitch/error. If everyone does, this really needs to be resolved.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the amount of money Flippa makes, I'm amazed at how little is reinvested into the website and app. There is a lot of room for improvement.

•••
Surprised still hasn't been attended to. @FlippaDomains , would love it if you could help out, if it's within your reach, and if you're aware of this problem.

•••
•••
Got this response from my sellerand he quoted the dispute he sent,

To be honest, salute your customer support. Great, friendly and a good experience.
Will delete this thread if you'd like.
Thanks again, cheers!

Wed, 13 May 2015 22:31:31 AEST
JamieDabrowiecki:
They have responded with the following:

-----
Hi,
The buyer bought my website via BIN and paid instantly via PayPal. I've paid my invoice and got the site ready to transfer, I've headed over to the sale completion area and it's saying I need to initiate Escrow. How can we skip this stage? I already have the payment.

Thanks,
Jamie
-----
Hi there Jamie,

Thanks for writing in and letting us know! If you've already received payment, you can ignore any requests to initiate Flippa Escrow. Those emails are generally automated based on auction end times. As you already have the payment, you are welcome to initiate the asset transfer and proceed accordingly.

Hope that helps! Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Rene
Customer Success Supervisor
-----
But how do we do that? We are conversing via PM now but how would we finalise the sale?
-----
Hi again Jamie,

The transfer of assets is per user discretion - some prefer to handoff by giving server details with log-in instructions, and some prefer to leave it all up to the buyer. Instructions vary depending on domain registrars and website hosts, so our support role is very limited in regards to transfer of assets.

It looks like you're both getting along very well and figured things out amongst yourselves! You'll be able to leave feedback for one another one week after the sale. If you need any further support or assistance, please do let us know.

Cheers,

Rene
Customer Success Supervisor

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back