Flippa Account Banned. Update: Temporary Ban

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Geek Studio

Established Member
Impact
Hello Respected Sir,

My Flippa Account Banned few Days Back.
I am explaining all things i know its quite long but i hope you will help.

I made Flippa account nearly four Months Back. I was complete new at that time and didn't know how flippa works and so i was trying to make account and i made account with name " Megadroid " and i chose that name by mistake. but from that account i haven't done any activity, No any listing or No any BID. After 2 to 3 days i made new account named " Geek Studio " with proper email and all details, Then suddenly i got mail from flippa :

Hi Megadroid,

Your account has been banned for guideline violations.
Duplicate account of " Geek Studio ". Multiple account operation by a single user is a breach of Flippa Site Rules

I mailed support team and i explained that i made mistake and i didnt know that will cause issue. and i explained how it happened because i was complete newbie. And i got this reply from flippa.
Here is support ticket for that issue : #330127

Hi,
Flippa is not a playground, you accepted our rules etc twice and did not note our first rule? Lucky for you we kindly left your 'Geek Studio' account active as your only account.

Kind Regards,

Josh W

Now here comes the main part.
After that day i was using Flippa carefully and i did some good transactions and got 100% positive feedback from all buyers. Everything was going good. And after four months i got this mail from flippa.

Hi Jimmy Garod,

Your account has been banned for guideline violations.

Your account has been temporarily banned for investigation by our Marketplace Integrity team. Please contact us for more info.

I mailed them and asked reason and Here i got reply from them.

Hi,
Why do we find two different names used for payment and use of the account?

Kind Regards,

Josh W

Now i used to make account on gmail and other sites using my nick name "Jimmy" and i used unknowingly "Jimmy Garod" in account name but in paypal its " Kamleshkumar Garod" which is same as Govt. Id Proof in India.

Now after a reply i got to know new reason from flippa.

Hi,
So you lied to me earlier. Had you been honest this would have turned out differently, as we cannot trust you we cannot trust you to adhere to our rules.

Your account was banned due to multiple account operation in breach of our site rules.

Given your actions we will no longer permit you to use our marketplace or open or operate further accounts within our site.

We thank you for giving us a try but due to your actions it is not fair on our legitimate users or mutually beneficial to allow you to participate in our market.

Kind Regards,

Josh W

Now, sir i explained all things to flippa about what happened and we had already resolved that issue in past.
I show Mr. Josh this reply which i got from him few moths back. and after that day i was using flippa carefully.

Hi,
Flippa is not a playground, you accepted our rules etc twice and did not note our first rule? Lucky for you we kindly left your 'Geek Studio' account active as your only account.

Kind Regards,
Josh W

Now sir here i want to tell you something.
I explained what happened in my previous mail. fours months ago i was completely new on flippa and i did mistake . But after that we resolved that issue. And got reply that flippa have cancelled " Megadroid " and "Geek Studio" is my only active account.
So i was thinking if that ( megadroid) account is already deleted then there is no any issue because i have only one Account and which i was using.
Flippa is No. 1 market place for entrepreneurs and I am working hard to do business with Flippa. I have faith in Flippa. And i am not like what i was before fours months ago, I am regular legitimate user now and keeping every terms in my mind, I am trying my best and will do to increase my business.

I am requesting you by explaining all these things because I learnt alott from flippa, Flippa gave me opportunities to connect with people and to do business. and, I really want to do business with Flippa. I'll make sure i won't do such mistake again.
I hope you will help.
I wish we can solve this.

Can anyone please tag Flippa domains or someone from flippa?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know Flippa Support Team...they always make evrything clearly.
Perhaps it's just my bad luck, but this hasn't been my experience. I'm currently trying to explain to Flippa support what a highlighted listing is on Flippa. They don't seem to know. I'm not even surprised though, because on a previous occasion, I was forced to explain to them what it meant for a listing to have no reserve. I've become somewhat convinced that Flippa support employees are in fact highly trained parrots.

•••
It's easier for the marketplace to just ban you. Too many possible scammers to take chances. You have to man up and understand that rules are rules. You should already know better than to create more than one account.

As sad as you paint the picture, I don't trust you. I don't know you. Nothing against you. You understand I hope.

Just move on. There are other marketplaces and you can chalk that one up to you learning.

Domain sales can involve decent size sums of money. You just can't mess around. It's serious business. Know the rules and follow them.

PS. Namefork...that really stinks what happened to you.

•••
2 different names, it's a red flag, a possible fraud, stolen account, etc. I agree with Flippa in this case, you shouldn't have used multiple accounts and identities. That's what is needed to keep the marketplace fair and without scammers.

•••
@FlippaDomains Please help me sir. I am waiting from 3 days and haven't got any reply. And this time there i haven't done any mistake.

Here is my support ticket : #360374
Email : [email protected]
Thank You.

•••
•••
I know Josh W, I know Flippa Support Team...they always make evrything clearly. I have made a big mistake there but I said out everything, that's my mistake I have made it.....Finally they emailed me back and solved my problem.

•••
This is so confusing and too hard to follow.

I agree with flippa's actions.

•••
Generally we all escape agreement stuffs of websites because they seem so boring anf unnecessary to read. But they are actually binding and legal. It is good to have a through look at these stuffs before accepting them in all instances.One must read the full terms and conditions of websites from which we are expecting to make money or spending money. It only takes a few minutes to read. Auction sites, hosting sites, websites that stores your payment detaild and sensitive data, online marketplace etc are of top priorities. Beleive me , once you start reading you will be gaining a lot of knowledge too.
Tell them that you have read all their terms in full (after doing so) and will strictly follow the rules from now. They will consider the innocent mistakes imo.
And ya, capitalize "I" too.

•••
Join the club ..i was banned 3 years ago i had good100 k sales....just coz in my office one more guy had flippa they had to ban my a/c even after providing all details they were not convinced ...i mailed them after a year but still they dont allow me...

Last edited:
•••
All you can do is wait and see. You should consider changing your post title to say "Temporarily Banned". Right now it says "Banned".

•••
All you can do is wait and see. You should consider changing your post title to say "Temporarily Banned". Right now it says "Banned".
Thanks btw how can i change the Title? i can't find to edit it.

•••
I think you have to ask a moderator to change it now. You only get like 30 minutes or something.

•••
Why did you want to create another account? wasnt one account enough? or am i missing something here?

•••
@Jman92 I was new at that time. and i created account mistakely and i used Gmail account which i was using with many stuff. I wanted a new Gmail and wanted New Name. So i wanted new account and another day i created another one.
But we have already solved this issue in past. and i have only one active account left.

•••
Josh W is an a$$H---. He is the reason people get banned for unintentional mistakes. Tell him to F off. Forget Flippa and move on to other market places.

•••
I havent done any mistake this time. I had mistake when i was new on flippa 5 months ago. but Josh W. has solved that issue five months ago. and now he is telling again that why you have two account? but he already deleted one and made me sure that i have only one active account.
Nothing to lose. Move your business elsewhere (SEDO, GoDaddy auctions, Undeveloped, Afternic, NameJet, UniregistryMarket)

•••
•••
@Sinh I understand what you want say. But when the conversation was going i was getting replies within 24 hours and now its been 8 days i haven't got any reply from him.:xf.frown:

They're Ignoring you,

You seems Desperate/Crying?? Why do you have to go and beg people/companies? Have trust in yourself and you ability, it's not end of the world... move on mate

Just google.. you'll find plenty of places to sell your products/services, If it's good people will comeback for more..

for a start you can try CodeCanyon.net - GoodLuck

•••
@Ted.T Thanks for your reply.
Actually I made flippa account before paypal. And i made flilla with My Nick name as i used to. Then i needed paypal. In india There is "PANCARD" as govt. proof. and you have to enter that details. Now I have created paypal account and name was same as Id Proof.
I really didnt know this small thing can make such issue. But Mr. Josh is talking about Why you have multiple accounts.
But Here the first account " Megadroid" was already closed by Mr. Josh Few months back and we talked and he said Now there will be " Geek Studio" which is your only active account.

That means "megadroid" was already closed and i havent done any activity fr it.

•••
My question is ,How many accounts do you have here. The only reason I would think that someone wanted to have multiple accounts is to manipulate the bidding process. I would send flippa a letter and ask them when can you apply for a single account and your willing to verify the account with proper id if necessary,if they say no screw em

Last edited:
•••
@ben pedri I have only One active account. i made two account Mistakely in past but never used it. and i talked with Mr. Josh He closed one account and Only one "Geek Studio" was active. I never used another account for listing or Bid. I only used "Geek Studio".

I and Mr. Josh talked few months back and he said "Geek Studio " is your only active account, But after few months that issue created again that Why you made multiple accounts?
But If Mr. Josh already closed one account in past that means there is only one account i am using.

•••
@Sinh Mr. Josh understood my problem. And he knows now i have only one account and which i am using carefully.
The Only issue is that i made mistake in past and He said " We wish you all the best but will not be lifting the ban as it is not in our interest or that of our legitimate users."

•••
@arjun29

I already Apologized and told them ill keep every term in my mind and will never do such mistake again
I am damn sure this is misunderstanding He is talking about the mistake i made in past.

I got this in reply from Mr Josh " Your account was banned due to multiple account operation in breach of our site rules."

We Talked few months back and Mr. josh deleted and one account and confirmed that you have only one active account. That means i dont have any other account.
So how is it possible thay i have multiple accounts? Because i have never used that old (closed ) account for listing or Bids.

•••
@Silentptnr You are true, But here i haven't made any new mistake. They BANNED me because of the mistake i made in past and the point is that They have already solved that issue in past. And Mr. Josh have understood all the things but once they BAN you then won't allow you easily.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back