Dynadot

domains Five New Domain Extensions Coming from XYZ in 2020

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
The XYZ Registry, known for their wide array of domain offerings, is expanding their domain portfolio by gaining the exclusive rights to five new domain name endings that will be made available to the public in 2020. The first domain to be announced, .Quest, is the expert new domain that signifies the solution to any search. The launch of .Quest and four additional inspiring new TLDs will make XYZ the operator of 17 domain extensions, including the world's most utilized new domain, .xyz.

... The extensions of the four additional TLDs that will launch this year haven't been made public, though the registry states that "they are ultra desirable to this audience's multi-billion dollar global industry."

read more (prnewswire)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Only XYZ owned gTLD, i like is .Monster :)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
the world's most utilized new domain, .xyz.
I wonder how factual this statement is...

I know .xyz has the most registrations because of their nutty promotions, but most utilized?? I'm skeptical.

Thanks for sharing.

•••

I know .xyz has the most registrations because of their nutty promotions, but most utilized?? I'm skeptical.

Thanks for sharing.

I dont think they are still providing nutty promotions.

•••
•••
mybe if it was most utilized we'd be making the most money with it
but.. we aren't. ;)

•••
•••
Hope that the registrars would become more selective someday. Offering any and all available extensions is simply disrespectful to customers. Not all extensions are equal. The xyz as a registry and as an extension does not have a good reputation - too many spam, questionable marketing (like forced assignation of respective .xyz to .com owners @ netsol), etc. A good business decision would be to limit the number of ngtlds available through each particular registrar. It would also make endusers less disoriented. GoDaddy, for example, knowingly dropped uniregistry extensions - they had a good reason to do so. So, GoDaddy has some related policies in place. All registrars should develop appropriate policies imo...

Last edited:
•••
•••

I know .xyz has the most registrations because of their nutty promotions, but most utilized??

Hi Joe,

I think they are making reference to fact if you measure usage by number of sites in the Alexa 1M they do in fact have the highest numbers. Ssee data at https://namestat.org/ and then choose right hand column and choose usage tab - as of today they have 2540, the most of the new gTLDs, with .online second and .club third. These, like all Alexa based figures, vary with day but most often xyz is first. I believe the studies that @jmcc does using different methodology also show them as one of the more used new extensions. The Cisco umbrella, that measure a different parameter, does not have them in first, but that may be biased against extensions that are more heavily used outside North America.

By the way your statement about .xyz having the most registrations is not factual :xf.grin: (sorry could not resist turning your word against you in fun). Now .icu have the most registrations, .top is second and .xyz third. Not that total registrations is that meaningful a number, since it largely reflects how deep the discounting.

Bob

PS arguably one should measure by number in Alexa 1M per registration. I have not done it that way for awhile, but suspect order at top would be different.

Last edited:
•••
launch of .Quest and four additional

Only if I can get the (left of the dot) word 'Johnny' would I be interested in that particular extension. :xf.smile:

•••
•••

Thanks for sharing.
It is marketing speak but there is usage in .XYZ and it has managed to establish itself as a generic TLD but it is largely outside the US market. The renewal rate is not great and some of the the geo new gTLDs are much better at renewals and usage but they don't have anything near the same number of registrations as .XYZ. What .XYZ has done is to create an affordable generic TLD while .COM is effectively a premium registration in some markets. It is unlikely to ever become a COMkiller but it has established a niche.

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back