domain First post ever! Appraisal: AdventureGames.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JakeL

Impact
Hey how are you!

Could you please give me some help with an appraisal of:

adventuregames.net

Seriously as I am quite new to the domain market, so all opinions very welcome! Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi! I'm a beginner as well, but I like this domain. I can't assign a dollar amount but I think you did fairly well!

If I HAD to assign a dollar amount, I would say $xx to the right buyer. Maybe low $xxx to an end user? But take my appraisal with a grain of salt :)

•••
This domain requires development! Not bad, .net extension is kind of a turn off, and the niche is not very profitable, but a developed website about adventure games (video games or table games or live games), indexed and well done is this domain's destiny.

•••
This name has potential.

249,000 exact monthly searches, .org, info, biz. .us all taken, Estibot appraising it as 13K (that doesn't mean much but shows potential by the numbers) - You clearly have a sizeable audience that has interest in the Adventure Game genre that is specifically looking for content you can put on the site and it can be monetized.

I wouldn't bother trying to resell undeveloped, you may get an $xx - low $xxx offer (if lucky) but video game related domain names are not hot because they're being built out-by mainly hobbyists and enthusiasts with less commercial interest. A start-up with a major budget will more likely stick to a .COM to buy for the sake of developing.

If you develop it out with some keyword-rich content, you should get some traffic from the search engines. AdventureGames.net presented with an xxx amount of search engine traffic, it's worth low - mid $xxx

Put 5 months into it and get x,xxx monthly traffic, the domain is worth high $xxx - low $xxxx (if being used by a developer or startup with interest in the genre as a traffic gateway), not so much for either the traffic or the domain, but the combination of both will make the whole deal a lot more appealing = Generic keywords representing a large genre in video gaming + respectable .NET + 249,000 search volume + receiving xxxx traffic = Interest.

By itself, no one will be presenting any real offers on it IMHO.

G'luck

EDIT: I just noticed that you have a website running, I definitely think it could use some SEO. Depending on your traffic, you could probably get mid $xxx for the name or more.

Last edited:
•••
The gaming industry sometimes pays much more for domains than you'd expect.

There's a lot of data on .NET "games" domains that you ought to be aware of:

http://dnpric.es/?q=games.net

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back