First 6 Months Domaining, whatcha think? - mobileads.io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson hoskins

Established Member
Impact
So I am getting to the 6 month mark since I started actually domaining more seriously than registering one domain a year that pops in my head.

I have not done anything but hand reg so far, but I'm looking into other ways further, but not sure where to start. I have developed some scripts that make it pretty easy to find unregistered domains that have a potential value, depending on the settings and my input, but its not perfect yet and I think that as it progresses and I learn more about the script and maybe implement some AI/learning it could be quite powerful.

I've sold one domain in this timespan for $1250 but nothing else. I have 10+ domains on SH and BB each, other than that I am listing on afternic and have developed my own landers on a normal hosting account you can see visiting most of the domains in the spreadsheet below(prices shown are godaddy govalues)

Anyways, what do you think so far? Where should I go from here, keep going with what I am doing, or stop with the hand regs? I just got my landers set up today, and SH and BB listings recently, so I am hopeful that I will see some sales by the end of the year. How do you like my domains?

View My Domain Portfolio and Custom Landers Here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Instead of getting a bunch of lower quality domain names, I personally would use that money for a few high quality domain names.

•••
The 5% STR is a little too optimistic imo.
But one sale for 1250 brandable is alreday a good milestone.
Why do you have so many .io? A lot of money for renewals.

Best of luck

•••
The 5% STR is a little too optimistic imo.
But one sale for 1250 brandable is alreday a good milestone.
Why do you have so many .io? A lot of money for renewals.

Best of luck
5% is definitely pretty optimistic, but also the prices on the spreadsheet are just GoDaddy values(lower than my retail prices), so that's where I think the 5 percent being optimistic might balance out with the revenue projections. Its just a model and has its limits, but adjusting that value gives me at least some sort of an idea or goals to shoot for.

For the .io domains, they have been some of my highest appraised by godaddy, bb, and sh. Doing only hand regs obviously .com is pretty hard, but .io let me find some stuff here and there. The renewals are high, but the quality of available brandable one words is much better. Looking at things overall around 6/200 isn't too many, but they are sorted from highest govalue to lowest, and godaddy seems to value these pretty highly, so it looks like they're over-represented.

Selling the one domain, which came through godaddy premiums was encouraging, and I have some good stats on SH and think things will go well there. Thanks for the feedback

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back