Domain Empire

Firefox Surpasses Microsoft For First Time in Browser Usage

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
While Chrome continues to be the number one browser worldwide, StatCounter reported that Firefox surpassed Microsoft for the first time ever.

StatCounterDesktopBrowserUsage.png

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good for Firefox but huge achievement for Chrome holding above 50% of the browser usage market share.

•••
This is good news for Mozilla indeed (my preferred browser as well.)

From my experience it seems people who still use IE are generally beginner users or less tech savy folks.

Most medium to advanced users will use Chrome or Firefox.... just an observation.

I used to used Chrome mainly and Firefox secondary but have moved over to Firefox as my primary and chrome as my secondary.... Just because I don't trust the big G

•••
What's the reason for IE downfall, once it used to have above 80% of market share.

•••
What's the reason for IE downfall, once it used to have above 80% of market share.

I reckon it's just a cr@p product compared to firefox and chrome

•••
•••
I agree with author. I also using chrome because its run very fast compare to Mozilla Firefox.

•••
The only use I had for IE over these years was to get on the web and download a real browser.

•••
I am still surprised why the number of Chrome users is so high...

How about Edge? Anyone ever opened that browser?

•••
Because in those days 80% of Windows users assumed that was what you were supposed to use. Now more of them know better - they aren't afraid their system will blow up if they download a different browser and (gasp) make it the default.

It always sucked. IE 6 was a nightmare if you were a web developer. It also used to be tightly tied into the OS so more security issues. Then they started getting with the program, but it still lags behind others.

•••
Because in those days 80% of Windows users assumed that was what you were supposed to use. Now more of them know better - they aren't afraid their system will blow up if they download a different browser and (gasp) make it the default.

It always sucked. IE 6 was a nightmare if you were a web developer. It also used to be tightly tied into the OS so more security issues. Then they started getting with the program, but it still lags behind others.
Yes Microsoft closed grip and also wide information available to users contributed to made them fall in browser game.

•••
It's not integrated into the system anymore and they are replacing it with Edge.

•••
It also used to be tightly tied into the OS so more security issues.
On paper at face value this was a fantastic idea, and opened opportunity for some interesting functionality, but in a scrupulous world it was never going to be good and shouldn't have gotten past the "on paper" stage.

I'm surprised FF is so far behind Chrome to be honest. It's obviously shot through the ranks. Still doesn't mean it's the best, I think many use it because it has "Google's" name to it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back