IT.COM

Firefox Creator working for MS on New Browser.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iNod

Eating PieVIP Member
Impact
Hello,

Do to the sudden outbreak in firefox MS has tooken the coder and hired him. Microsoft will be working on a much more safe,secure browser and scrapping IE.. (Great News)

Please post your comments on this.

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where did you hear this? can you provide a link to a press release of some sort?

•••
yah how did you hear this.....
even if its true ill stick with firefox...
they had to hire the firefox creator... omg...

anyway is this something you made up or is it real?

•••
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( i hope its not true, i hate microsoft

•••
No offense, but that's an "I won't believe it until I see it story." I know the release of IE 7 has been moved up in response but I havent heard anything about anyone going over to MS.

•••
I head about the new browser on the news myself. I'll try and locate a link.

Actually, it looks like Google has taken on 2 Firefox coders. Mabey a GooBrowser, a Browgle, or even a gbrowse in the works? lol

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/news.aspx?CIaNID=17673

Last edited:
•••
It's unbelievable that someone will part-time his own creation (the hardwork and popularity) to go work full-time for someone else. Ben Goodger said that he will at least work part-time on firefox. With that being said, it is already affecting users' confidence in the program seeing that no 100% full effort + time is on the project. At least I will think that way as well. Though pay might be higher, but who knows firefox might work better than MS in the future? It's so silly to do that. It will greatly affect the image of firefox in everyone's heart from now on.

Flora.

•••
I would imagine the firefox work was voluntary or very little paid work so they probably weren't getting 100% out of him anyways.

•••
M$

It's probably not true..

Bill Gates: Why hire him, lets buy his little browser and re-brand it as our own! *insert evil larfing here* :)

IMO it would harm FireFoxs image some if that news is true..

•••
Welcome to the world of money.

You can't exactly blame the guy as firefox probably was the most lucrative project in the world.

However, perhaps it was these two guys going to Google instead?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back