Domain Empire

Fire.Glass sells for $5,000 on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The domain name Fire.Glass sold on flippa for $5,000 in an auction which ended on 26th August.
The auction had one bid at $5,000

The seller listed the domain with the following description:

Premium .Glass domain

40,500 Google exact searches for Fire Glass

$2.39 cpc on Google

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah but more than probably zero visitors to Fire.Glass domain.

•••
Fire? Or Fibre? Or Fiber?

And one bid- hmmm!

•••
Was verified by Kevin Fink as legitimate thedomains.com/2014/08/27/kevin-fink-of-flippa-confirms-fire-glass-sale-at-5000-is-legitimate/

•••
That's incredible. It shows how a simple word can generate thousands in the domain reselling business.

•••
With the thousands of 'Premium' single word domains on these hundreds of new gTLDs, I'm not really impressed by these kind of sales that pop up once in a blue, in fact there should actually be a lot more if these gTLDs were actually heading somewhere (quickly anyway). I consider this a lottery-sale just like we've seen in the past when a single keyword on a .CC or .WS in 4 figures. Nothing ground-breaking just yet. Congrats to seller and buyer though :)

*watches* .glass reg count raise overnight

•••
•••
The domain name Fire.Glass sold on flippa for $5,000 in an auction which ended on 26th August.
The auction had one bid at $5,000

The seller listed the domain with the following description:

Premium .Glass domain

40,500 Google exact searches for Fire Glass

$2.39 cpc on Google

One must wonder if that lone bid was a bid by a Flippa employee or someone else. You see, I believe Flippa employees are allowed to bid against clueless outside customers if the SELLER is in on it. Here, read question #6 in this interview with Flippa CEO:

http://tldinvestors.com/2012/11/quick-chat-with-david-slutzkin-ceo-flippa.html

•••
Was verified by Kevin Fink as legitimate thedomains.com/2014/08/27/kevin-fink-of-flippa-confirms-fire-glass-sale-at-5000-is-legitimate/

Wow! An employee of the auctioneer assures us that the sale was "legitimate?" Oh boy! I'll rush right away to Flippa and see if I can enter an auction where their employee(s) bid against me without me knowing. But wait! There's more! If you call right now, you'll receive a second sack of BS at no additional charge! Simply pay separate shipping and handling.

•••
Imagine for a minute that it's the domain holder who bought his own domain to show off or in an attempt to boost the perceived value of his portfolio - he paid for the domain, so it's still a legit sale :xf.grin:

Not bad for a possible typo of fibre.glass :P

•••
You cant make real glass without fire.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back