IT.COM

Finished: PHP Coding Competition (Started April 1st!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Hello and Welcome to PHP Coding Competition One!

In this, our First Competition, your challenge will be to code a Bug Tracker.

A Bug Tracker should show a Coders' Skills, with the Use of PHP and a database. All scripts should be secure, but a Bug Tracker should have extra security, as the Tracker could contain major vulnerabilities in the script it's tracking. It should be easy for users to see a list of bugs and which are Resolved or Unfinished, and most importantly, a feature to file a bug report.

With this in mind, you should try to make your script as secure as possible, and add as many features as you can which will benefit not only the Admin, but the Visitors.

Competition Information
You are not required to post your code in this Competition. Code will be submitted to the contest holders only for review for compliance to the competition rules and to be hosted for judging.

The Competition will officially start in two days (1st April), we trust you not to start Before then.

The Competition will last for 20 days. (Script entry date 21st April)

Voting
The Votes will be made by NamePros' Members (excluding competitors), so, the more features you add, the more you are gonna impress those members!

Voting will be opened once the script entry date has closed, plus two days for preparation. (Reciving scripts from all participants)

Entering
To enter the Competition, please reply to this thread saying "I'm In!", or something for us to distinguish who is in or not.
Once the script entry date has ended, please create a thread in the Private Messages to Management area on NamePros ( http://www.namepros.com/contact-np-management/ ) with your script. If it includes multiple files, you can ZIP and make an attachment to your thread. Please include in the thread title: [PHP COMPETITION]

Also, state if you want to host the script on your Server, or the Competition Holder's Server.
(When made publically viewing for Voting)

Rules and Guidelines
1. All the code must be your own, no copyrighted code.
You cannot use functions/classes, "snippets", posted on sites or forums.
It's fine to use them if you have created them, and/or posted them yourself.

2. You may not use Frameworks of any kind, including Frameworks such as Zend, CakePHP.

2. You may not start the project untill the competition has official started.

3. Testing must be done on your server, or localhost. Hosting will be offered for the scripts at the judging stage.

4. If the competition requires you to post your code publicly (This will be stated in the Competition Thread), you agree to post your code under the Creative Commons License. (More information: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ ) This rule does not apply to this first competition. However, you are welcome (and encouraged) to release your code to the public as you so desire.

5. All entries must be sent to the competition holder. All scripts/code authors will be anonymous until a winner has being chosen.
Thanks for reading!
Now get posting "I'm In!". :great:

These rules were written by Hitch based on suggestions in the previous discussion thread. -RJ- will be considered the competition holder.

If any rule clarifications are needed, please ask now before the competition begins! We will have prizes announced soon. Good luck everyone!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a shame Hitch :( I would have expected at least 3/4 entries from the numbr of people saying they will attempt it.

If you start one around july/august i may attempt it, however no I'm swamped :(

Congratulations! lol

Matt

•••
Hitch said:
There was only one Entry.

I won by default. :D (Good because i win, but not so good because i didn't really come first), lol, no badges or prizes i presume.

It was kinda disappointing to see nobody else entered.

Though, thanks to those that atleast started! :tu:

I did seriously intend to enter but unfortunately had a lot on recently, Hopefully I will the next time.

•••
So who won? This was really just a bad time of the year, projects, life, etc.. Time was also a factor.. Maybe next time make the task shorter and the time longer?

- Steve

•••
iNod said:
So who won? This was really just a bad time of the year, projects, life, etc.. Time was also a factor.. Maybe next time make the task shorter and the time longer?

- Steve
Hitch said:
There was only one Entry.

I won by default. :D (Good because i win, but not so good because i didn't really come first), lol, no badges or prizes i presume.

It was kinda disappointing to see nobody else entered.

Though, thanks to those that atleast started! :tu:

•••
I'll be in next time.

Last edited:
•••
Hitch Wins! Not just by default either, his Bug Tracker scripts were well designed and coded. I hope he shares a demo with everyone soon, if he hasn't already.

I know he doesn't expect this, but I'm going to officially award him with the 1st place NP$ prize and trophy anyway. Congrats Adrian. :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks RJ! :tu:

Hopefully, i will be posting the Bug Tracker soon.
I might enter some more "Dummy Entries" when i get time. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back