NameSilo

Finished: PHP Coding Competition (Started April 1st!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Hello and Welcome to PHP Coding Competition One!

In this, our First Competition, your challenge will be to code a Bug Tracker.

A Bug Tracker should show a Coders' Skills, with the Use of PHP and a database. All scripts should be secure, but a Bug Tracker should have extra security, as the Tracker could contain major vulnerabilities in the script it's tracking. It should be easy for users to see a list of bugs and which are Resolved or Unfinished, and most importantly, a feature to file a bug report.

With this in mind, you should try to make your script as secure as possible, and add as many features as you can which will benefit not only the Admin, but the Visitors.

Competition Information
You are not required to post your code in this Competition. Code will be submitted to the contest holders only for review for compliance to the competition rules and to be hosted for judging.

The Competition will officially start in two days (1st April), we trust you not to start Before then.

The Competition will last for 20 days. (Script entry date 21st April)

Voting
The Votes will be made by NamePros' Members (excluding competitors), so, the more features you add, the more you are gonna impress those members!

Voting will be opened once the script entry date has closed, plus two days for preparation. (Reciving scripts from all participants)

Entering
To enter the Competition, please reply to this thread saying "I'm In!", or something for us to distinguish who is in or not.
Once the script entry date has ended, please create a thread in the Private Messages to Management area on NamePros ( http://www.namepros.com/contact-np-management/ ) with your script. If it includes multiple files, you can ZIP and make an attachment to your thread. Please include in the thread title: [PHP COMPETITION]

Also, state if you want to host the script on your Server, or the Competition Holder's Server.
(When made publically viewing for Voting)

Rules and Guidelines
1. All the code must be your own, no copyrighted code.
You cannot use functions/classes, "snippets", posted on sites or forums.
It's fine to use them if you have created them, and/or posted them yourself.

2. You may not use Frameworks of any kind, including Frameworks such as Zend, CakePHP.

2. You may not start the project untill the competition has official started.

3. Testing must be done on your server, or localhost. Hosting will be offered for the scripts at the judging stage.

4. If the competition requires you to post your code publicly (This will be stated in the Competition Thread), you agree to post your code under the Creative Commons License. (More information: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ ) This rule does not apply to this first competition. However, you are welcome (and encouraged) to release your code to the public as you so desire.

5. All entries must be sent to the competition holder. All scripts/code authors will be anonymous until a winner has being chosen.
Thanks for reading!
Now get posting "I'm In!". :great:

These rules were written by Hitch based on suggestions in the previous discussion thread. -RJ- will be considered the competition holder.

If any rule clarifications are needed, please ask now before the competition begins! We will have prizes announced soon. Good luck everyone!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, the more the merrier. :)

Prizes --------

1st 3000 NP$
2nd 1500 NP$
3rd 500 NP$

•••
Cool prizes -RJ- :tu:

Also, if there are some users reading, which want to participate, but havn't put their name down, please do.
So we can catch up with you when/if needed. :tu:

•••
I would love to join in, I've done a couple of bug trackers before and they're actually quite fun to make, finishing them off with little extras etc however i can't stray anymore than i already am from my revision/work this holiday.

Good luck to all who enter and I'll be sure to vote ;)

Matt

•••
I * should * be in this.. depends on how things go tomorrow!!

•••
Good luck everyone! :D

Doh - If only I hadn't had my extra long trip away from NamePros, I might have compete in this :(.

Im out.

Best of luck, and you'll see me on voting day :) :tu:

•••
One week left. I hope your coding is going well.

There is still room to join if you want to participate!

•••
•••
I might not eb abel to finish either, I'm working on it now and with going back to school on monday probably won't have too much spare time.
Hopefully I will though :)

•••
Thousands of lines later, and i now have about half of my Bug tracker complete. :kickass:

Last edited:
•••
i'm starting it today lol :(
haven't had the time last week ( fortunally ;) )

•••
To enter or not to enter, that is the question... :blink:

•••
I have now decided to enter this competiton. Maybe people that enter but do not win should get a small prize for taking part? Are the winners going to get like a small badge like radio name pros one saying they won the php competition?

•••
SecondVersion said:
To enter or not to enter, that is the question... :blink:
PHP:
<?php $question = (to()) ? enter() : ~enter(); ?>
:gl:

I will not be entering this one, hopefully there is another soon. I just do not have the time (and there's only 3 days left anyway).

•••
Today is the Script Entry Date!

Please create a thread in the Private Messages to Management area on NamePros ( http://www.namepros.com/contact-np-management/ ) with your script. If it includes multiple files, you can ZIP and make an attachment to your thread. Please include in the thread title: [PHP COMPETITION]

Also, state if you want to host the script on your Server, or the Competition Holder's Server.
(When made publically viewing for Voting)

EDIT: Reminders via PM have being sent. :tu:

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys,

Great idea. I wish I could enter this time around but I will not be able to. I have deadlines I need to meet this month but I'd love to participate in future events.

Bug Tracker seems to be a great idea!

Good Luck!

•••
Deadline day! We'll allow another 12 hours or so from now for everyone to get their entries posted. Follow the instructions above posted by Hitch.

localhost said:
Are the winners going to get like a small badge like radio name pros one saying they won the php competition?
That's not a bad idea.

•••
and damn.. i forgot about this *cries* :p

•••
EXTENSION!

A few programmers requested additional time, so we are extending the deadline to the end of the month. All entries now due by May 1st.

This was cleared with everyone who has submitted entries so far (there weren't many!),

RJ

•••
-RJ- said:
EXTENSION!

A few programmers requested additional time, so we are extending the deadline to the end of the month. All entries now due by May 1st.

This was cleared with everyone who has submitted entries so far (there weren't many!),

RJ

Thank you. I have been so swamped lately. I hope to get my entry in within the next few days.

Michael :)

•••
wow the extention is great I will see what I can whip up but I never had enough time for what I really want to make tbh.

•••
I guess I saw this contest far too late :(
well, however I'll participate in next competition, as I don't have enough time anymore to get it done within such short time :)

Last edited:
•••
Reminder,

The Extension ends tomorrow.
Gets your scripts in today/tomorrow. :tu:

•••
Last chance to enter!

We'll allow entries until May 1st 11:59 PM.

•••
Deadline was six days ago, any further updates on when we get to vote etc.?

•••
There was only one Entry.

I won by default. :D (Good because i win, but not so good because i didn't really come first), lol, no badges or prizes i presume.

It was kinda disappointing to see nobody else entered.

Though, thanks to those that atleast started! :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back