Dynadot

information Finding Previous Owner Of Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

skyz21

MediaWho.comTop Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I recently got a few domains through GD Closeouts and would like to try contacting the previous owners about the domain auction.

Anyone know how I can find out the previous owner? Doing a who is search returns my details as I'm the current registrant.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jesus said do not do unto others as u do not want done unto you.

just don't do it.

•••
What a bad idea, If you contacted me for one of my old names I would say things to you that wouldn't be professional..YOU SHOULDN'T! contact the old owner and try to get money from them for a domain they dropped as @todaygold said in a previous post it like finding a wallet and charging someone for it. It says something about your character. If the old owner comes to you its another story. Do you self a favor and leave the old owner alone.

•••
@skyz21 There are times that I totally missed the renewal on a name and would love to buy it back at a small fee. It does happen sometimes.

DomainHistory.net

You just saved me. Turns out an end-user I had been planning to contact was the previous owner of my domain name.....

•••
I'm trying to imagine how I'd react if someone tried to sell the tv set I just threw in the bin back to me :)

Just happened to me :)
Few weeks ago I have dropped some .xyz names and yesterday I got an email - " Dear sir, would you like to buy this great domain... "
Unbelievable :) but it happens :)

•••
Archive.org, domaintools acct., you can also google the domain name + whois and click to view cached results.

Seems like the new spam going around is offering dropped domains to previous owners.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back